IGNORED

i almost had it and then i got it!

Nes Freak

so i finally got panic restaurant.  its been allusive these past months.  so a few weeks ago  i had been watching ebay like a hawk  checking probably 3 times a day no joke.  the price just kept climbing every new game posted 950 1000 1100 1200 etc.  but one showed for 500 in literally 10 minutes  already 25 views and a few watchers  i took a quick look at the pics for condition and just bought it.    every thing went great the seller thanked me and said they would ship the next day.  i thanked him and  said please pack in a box and do full insurance.  i get a message back asking what is full insurance.  that's when i realized this guy might be a flake (especially with 0 feedback but the account has existed for a year).  i was nice and explained it  he thanked me.  guess what a few days no tracking or item has been shipped notification.

i ask again  and a day later they said it will ship the next day.  i wait over the week end still nothing.  i ask again   no response.  i wait a few more days and ask one more time.  at this point i had reverse searched the picture in the listing and found they were stock pictures used from another listing.  so i said  that i knew he used fake images and if he was pulling my leg  to just refund me.  still nothing.  i wait till the next weekend and then i open a case and report the listing and seller and sent one more message this time a not so nice one. 

so yeah it could have been a really great deal if he had actually sent the game.  what a tease and a let down.  fortunately a user finally came forward here and sold me the cart for 1k  yeah i paid what its going for but heck no taxes  and i figured unless one showed up on ebay for 875  it wouldn't make a big difference with taxes and shipping.

im just glad i finally got this cart and in outstanding shape too.  that the last 4 digit cart on my list (other than stadium events and nwc)  yeah im not getting those no way lol.

IMG_4823.JPG

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

congrats

also congrats for not using a single comma, really

I remember teaching a writing class, and one student of mine had a habit of writing entire stories with commas. They used commas, but only had one sentence lol.

• Haha 1

Congrats on the find!

It definitely sucks when you lose out on a "deal" as with the first guy, but at the end of the day, it feels really great being able to get an item like this of high calibre, even if it is at the going rate.

Panic Restaurant is a great game, I really enjoy it and usually play through it a couple times a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Congrats on the find!

It definitely sucks when you lose out on a "deal" as with the first guy, but at the end of the day, it feels really great being able to get an item like this of high calibre, even if it is at the going rate.

Panic Restaurant is a great game, I really enjoy it and usually play through it a couple times a year.

i agree not shovel ware, which is nice because a lot of them are.

Edited by Nes Freak

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I remember teaching a writing class, and one student of mine had a habit of writing entire stories with commas. They used commas, but only had one sentence lol.

Spelling and writing was my weakest subject in school.  i just make sure its readable when posting on the internet. (for the most part)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, phart010 said:

I think I got mine for like $30.. it’s authentic and it excellent condition too 😛

image.thumb.jpg.34eed22a20d58b019180b844469cebac.jpg

Edit: I posted this as a joke, but just checked and apparently this Famicom version has gone up quite a bit 🤯

yeah man, any Famicom game that has an insanely expensive US version has shot up wildly; you should see the price of Lickle, just because it's the Jap version of Little Samson.

Anyway, congrats on picking up Panic.  I'm down to seven CIB's for a full set myself, and man is it getting hard to get any sort of a decent deal on those high figure games, so I definitely feel your pain...

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

yeah man, any Famicom game that has an insanely expensive US version has shot up wildly; you should see the price of Lickle, just because it's the Jap version of Little Samson.

Anyway, congrats on picking up Panic.  I'm down to seven CIB's for a full set myself, and man is it getting hard to get any sort of a decent deal on those high figure games, so I definitely feel your pain...

yeah well panic is nothing compared to the cheetah men 2 i got recently lol.  not as bad as little samson but still 2k its a lot to spend.

and just a quick update.  i did get my money back in full from that crappy seller.  im not sure what they were thinking.  the only thing i can figure out is they needed a quick buck  and when the money was sent the probably closed their bank account and walked with it  cause later another bad feedback came in for some one that bought flintstones surprise on dinosaur peak  for 800.  their feedback left was the same issue as mine.

you can read the feedback here if you want.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/fordtr_56?filter=feedback_page:All&_trksid=p2545226.m2531.l4585

Edited by Nes Freak