IGNORED

Gameboy color rarity

Well other than the elephant genie(shantae) in the room, let's see... and no, they're not all stupid expensive, just enough of them are.

Wendy Every Witch Way
Warlocked
Project S11
Space Marauder
Konami GB Collection Vol 1-4(GBC-UK) --1&4 are the worst to get, especially 4
Bomberman Quest
Revelations the Demon Slayer (AKA SMT Last Bible 1)

That's a few, and just in general they on their own don't pop up in common, so finding them complete should really suck unless you pay up a lot depending on the seller.

• Like 1

Pretty solid list from @Tanooki and @RpgCollector, I think @Sir Centroid is also a GBC expert, so hope he weighs in...but with my limited GBC knowledge, I will go with these:

Shantae
Wendy Every Witch Way
ISS 99
Bomberman Quest
Return of the Ninja
International Rally
Space Marauder
Titus the Fox
Batman: Chaos in Gotham
Lil Monster
Survival Kids

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well other than the elephant genie(shantae) in the room, let's see... and no, they're not all stupid expensive, just enough of them are.

Wendy Every Witch Way
Warlocked
Project S11
Space Marauder
Konami GB Collection Vol 1-4(GBC-UK) --1&4 are the worst to get, especially 4
Bomberman Quest
Revelations the Demon Slayer (AKA SMT Last Bible 1)

That's a few, and just in general they on their own don't pop up in common, so finding them complete should really suck unless you pay up a lot depending on the seller.

Pro tip: just buy the Euro version of Bomberman Quest for way cheaper 

I'll try to avoid overlapping too much with games already mentioned, excluding a few of the hardest to find games. There are honestly quite a few titles at this point that aren't easy to track down anymore.

For the most part, these titles only ever have 0-1 copy for sale at any given time. I'm sure that I'm probably missing a few though.

International Superstar Soccer 99 (This will be the most difficult one to track down)
Bomberman Quest (Either this or Return of the Ninja will likely be your second to last game that you need when going for a complete set)
Return of the Ninja
Space Marauder 
Kelly Club 
Laura 
Classic Bubble Bobble
10 Pin Bowling 
Puzzle Master 
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 4
(There's usually at least 1 expensive copy up for sale at all times these days)
Wendy Every Witch Way (Shows up for sale less than Shantae at this point)
F1 World Grand Prix II (This one also goes through droughts pretty regularly, it went through a long one up until last year, now you can usually find at least 1-2 copies available on eBay)
The Road to El Dorado (This one can be surprisingly difficult to find, shows up maybe twice a year)
Zoboomafoo: Playtime in Zobooland (Another fun one to track down)

• Like 3

I'd assume so unless stated otherwise.  I meant as much because I know stuff like Project S11 isn't expensive or super hard to find, loose, but getting a nice complete one can be a fight.  Same can be said for Bomberman Quest and Warlocked too.  Loose isn't an issue, it's the paper trail from hell that'll get you which is why I stick to loose games +manual at most.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phart010 said:

Pro tip: just buy the Euro version of Bomberman Quest for way cheaper 

I actually own the US cart, got it like 2 years back, and I think I paid around $20-30 for it, which was even a solid price at the time just for the game alone so I can't complain.  It's quite a really good game, as long as you don't get all whiny it's not just another classic bomberman game.  When you accept it's more like Zelda/Crystalis meets Bomberman, it's fun.

Most of the picks in here are pretty good.  Bomberman Quest was a HUGE pain in the ass for me for many years, until I finally got a CIB Mint one a couple months back.  Felt so happy to finally slay that beast.

The number of confirmed ISS 99's you used to be able to count on one hand, that game is remarkably rare.  I think I sold @RpgCollector his copy many years back?  I either sold it to him or Nick Morgan, and DreamTR sold one to the other person if I recall.  I can't think of any other confirmed off the top of my head but I'm sure at least a couple more have surfaced (I would hope.)

A couple other ones that used to give me problems not yet mentioned:

Rhino Rumble - Was truly rare, then at least 3 or 4 (more?) sealed cases turned up.  So you tend to see one or two always out there on eBay, but if those ever dry up then I'm sure this one will go through a drought and be quite tough again.

Casper - Again, a few on eBay now, but I never found a nice one.  My copy is like a 6 / 7 out of 10 at best.  I wouldn't call it a top tier rare but it's extremely uncommon and very condition sensitive in my experience.  Almost like Casper on SNES, you see it time to time but you basically never see it Mint.

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 4