IGNORED

Suggestions for my new avatar (my journey to rekindle the art passion)

GPX

Hi guys, after 15 months of pandemic, a heavy work toll and 2 family deaths during the interim, I’ve decided to rekindle my passion for art and drawing. Then I thought “what better way to do this by drawing up a new avatar!”

The background: I have a modest talent of copying art, having dabbled in some creative work but mainly copying stuff. The Baby Kong picture in my current avatar was copied from a gaming magazine some 18 years ago, and the last I drew anything was just over 10 years ago.

Lately, I’ve had an inclination to draw something again. Maybe the influence of @CasualCart? Or maybe it’s just one of those natural inclinations. Anyway, what do you guys suggest for my next avatar that’s a good fit for the nickname?

I’m hoping I do more than just 1 drawing and can share some art work on this thread whenever applicable in the future.

Edited by GPX

Administrator · Posted

When I lack inspiration, but wanna draw, I pick 5 random pages from a video game wiki and see if anything pops out at me. 

My current avatar is a drawing I did of an Orange Dye from Runescape. 

image.png

As you can see I took some creative liberty, which was easy as the Dye itself is a rather plain item. 

• Like 4

Graphics Team · Posted
21 hours ago, GPX said:

Lately, I’ve had an inclination to draw something again. Maybe the influence of @CasualCart? Or maybe it’s just one of those natural inclinations. Anyway, what do you guys suggest for my next avatar that’s a good fit for the nickname?

Wow - I really need to give myself more dimension outside of being "the guy that draws stuff on VGS" haha.

Anyway, I agree with @DarkTone - a character from your favorite game would be cool. Especially if you customize it somehow to be more "you" if that makes any sense.

-CasualCart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Wow - I really need to give myself more dimension outside of being "the guy that draws stuff on VGS" haha.

Anyway, I agree with @DarkTone - a character from your favorite game would be cool. Especially if you customize it somehow to be more "you" if that makes any sense.

-CasualCart

You’re like the “Boss Rush” of the VGS community - the guy that draws stuff!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

I generally think of you as the guy who draws awesome stuff, but I've read enough of your posts to know you also put a lot of time and effort into your written content. Your responses are measured and thoughtful and when you start a new topic, I pay attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1