IGNORED

Earthbound (SNES) scripting files recovered

Just saw this posted on archive org ... kinda neat .. Not sure what use it will be to people yet, but cool to see this preserved

https://archive.org/details/earthbound-source

"This archive contains recovered source code files related to the development of EarthBound on the SNES. Specifically, this is a snapshot of the localization scripting files as of, presumably, March 25th, 1995 (the file dates were destroyed when the files were originally deleted).

These files were recovered after deletion by performing a sector examination of the original floppy disk media. We have full confidence that the files are undamaged, as the recovered files were zip images that extracted without errors. We are not providing a disk image of the floppy itself, as it contains private data. All data related to the game that was present on the disk is preserved here."

Edited by Pendragonx
summary
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, phart010 said:

Were the disks obtained fairly or were there questionable shenanigans involved?

Yeah the guy that did the localisation gave them the disks.

On a different note, anything that Cifaldi does is via proper means.

• Like 2

I think it's great such a person reached out and thought smartly to go in that direction with it.  No better place to do a high quality level of museum research, recovery and presentation of the goods.

...and years on floppies eh? 🙂  I've got maybe 10 in my desk, a few others still in some big box pc game boxes I have too.  Thankfully like 5 years ago I found a working USB floppy drive so, they're not just for decoration.

• Like 1