IGNORED

found somthing kinda cool in the harsh elements

Nes Freak

A pepsi can  from the mid 90s   that has been sitting near a lake at 8000 ft elevation    other than being faded from the sun its in outstanding condition  from being in an area that getting 8 feet of snow every year.   i found it in a shallow tree stump wile on a short hike and picked it up to toss it but after looking at the logo and thinking this looks pretty old  i look at the expiration date which read  march 31 1997  at least i think its 97,  could be 87,  but im pretty sure its 97.  never the less   for being out in the elements for 25 years  it was in impressively good shape 😛  i wonder who was the arse whole that threw it out there  and then no one picked it up to toss it for almost as long as ive been alive. 

ok maybe its not that cool but i thought it was unique to say the least lol.

IMG_4603.JPG

IMG_4604.JPG

• Like 3

Ugh... This makes me feel old. In my mind, that's what a Pepsi can looks like!

Pretty cool though. I had a couple of cans I held onto when I was a kid but they leaked over time so ai tossed them about 10 years ago. I had a 7-Up and a Mountain Dew. Actually, I might have the 7-Up because I think the reason I kept that one was because it was only about 5% full inside and it was an "error variant" can.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

i look at the expiration date which read  march 31 1997  at least i think its 97,  could be 87,  but im pretty sure its 97. 

Yeah, that's a 90s can. Actually, they were still using that logo up until the late 00s.

80s Pepsi logos were one of the two below (they changed in 1987 from the top to the bottom, then again to the OP can in 1991.)

800px-Pepsi_bi_(1973).svg.png

Pepsi_Logo_1980s.png

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

I find alot of stuff when im hiking in the woods and start analyzing it. It drives my girlfriend nuts. We’ve stumbled on some random cars, toys, all sorts of stuff. She yells at me to stop worrying about the garbage, but Im like “but how did this get here!, whats inside? etc” its luke archaeology to me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I don't know, look closely at that image, there's a dot below the upper circle in that set of date digits, I think that rubbed off and was an 87 not a 97.

If that's true, then it's a prototype can, as that logo wasn't used until 1991. 😛

• Haha 1