IGNORED

Anyone here into Lunar Silver Star/Eternal Blue? Now at start of Disc 2 on both...but can't get Silver Star one to work...

Estil

1 minute ago, Estil said:

There is still the matter of figuring out how to get the second "disc" of Silver Star to work on my PSIO though...though that will still take awhile to get that far...what do you think makes these games so good?  (try to go easy on spoilers of course)

I'll only vouch for Silverstar Story for now and the whole thing is entirely subjectvie of course, but as with most classic JRPGs most of my enjoyment is derived from pretty artwork, moving music, interesting characters, engaging story, good pacing and entertaining battles. Lunar Silverstar Story hits the target in my case. The Working Designs packaging probably ehanced my initial experience with the game, too.

I like that the battle system offers action points for the characters to use in moving/attacking. It adds a touch of strategy without becoming too "systemey".

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's the thread above the threads you've clicked on 1000 times in Gamers Gauntlet 😅

Oh yeah...well if nothing else it might bring to my attention other blue chip JRPGs on the SNES or PS1 I overlooked...ones where you get to have cute girls in your party of course 😄 

Oh wow; I can't believe they actually have an ABBA reference!  A NPC says "At least we know the ABBA is safe..." 😄  There's yet another rock group reference as there's an REM Rod! 😄 See in addition to games with cute chicks I love cute little surprises like this one; I don't suppose like in Tales of Phantasia someone will tell me I'm not getting their Bud Light? 😄 

BTW the Bromides (why are they called that) are very nicely done...just like the Samus pics you earn in the GBA Metroids!  Hee hee I'm sure there's a couple that Claus from Tales of Phantasia would like...after all he does like his girls "under the sheets" 😄 

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

RPG Shrine is also a very old site that has some very valued writeups and breakdowns of all sorts of JRPGs too.

I do in fact use it a lot.  I'm using both it along with the strategery guide in PDF form...see I have my computer monitor (42" flat screen) on my right and my 20" CRT monitor on my left so I can easily have these things in front of me on my right screen while I play the game on the left screen, if that makes sense.  I can use maps from Video Game Atlas this way as well.

Edited by Estil

Just to make very sure I'm on track for catching all the Bromides (why are they called that?), I'm currently at the part where you have five on your team/party for the first time and I got these so far (I'm only using the girl's first initial to keep the spoilers down)...I hope I didn't leave any out (and YES I did pay off Ramus' friend(?)'s debt so I can get the two super special ones later.

L2, M1, J1, J4, P, R

• 3 weeks later...

So I did finally become the Dragonmaster (not to be confused with the Game Master 😄 ) and wouldn't ya know it, a cute NPC chick in one of the villages makes another ABBA reference! 😄  So I think now I can get at least one new Bromide, plus the very best part of the whole game!  You might say it eh, reveals a lot... *wink* 😊🥰😍🤩

EDIT: Umm, we may have a little problem...for that spring (along with one of the boy's spring videos *shudders*) it asks me to put in Disc 2...which I still can't figure out how or why it won't work properly on my PSIO...if I select the disc manually it just goes to a black screen...but the Disc 1 obviously works perfectly.  Can anyone here tell me what I'm doing wrong?  And I'm right before where you're supposed to move on to Disc 2 anyways so...

Edited by Estil

22 hours ago, Estil said:

So I did finally become the Dragonmaster (not to be confused with the Game Master 😄 ) and wouldn't ya know it, a cute NPC chick in one of the villages makes another ABBA reference! 😄  So I think now I can get at least one new Bromide, plus the very best part of the whole game!  You might say it eh, reveals a lot... *wink* 😊🥰😍🤩

EDIT: Umm, we may have a little problem...for that spring (along with one of the boy's spring videos *shudders*) it asks me to put in Disc 2...which I still can't figure out how or why it won't work properly on my PSIO...if I select the disc manually it just goes to a black screen...but the Disc 1 obviously works perfectly.  Can anyone here tell me what I'm doing wrong?  And I'm right before where you're supposed to move on to Disc 2 anyways so...

Do you have an actual save file on a memory card? In any case, if you are going to be playing JRPGs on PSIO like that you will have other occasions to swap discs so I would figure it out through support or official FAQs.

• The title was changed to Anyone here into Lunar Silver Star/Eternal Blue? Now working on Eternal Blue...

So until I can figure out how to get the second disc/iso of Silver Star to work, I thought I'd start working on Eternal Blue...so far I'm only just past the part where you get your third character (not counting the Russian chick as apparently she's always on auto-pilot and you can't equip her level her up or nuttin')...and would you believe this game too has at least one ABBA reference??  I guess they must've been REALLY popular in Japan!!  And hee hee, there's even a then contemporary reference to a certain super popular game show at the time...which the PS1 did get a couple installments!

With this being THREE discs, I should get my money's worth from this one, right?

So now I'm at the part where you get the fourth character on your team (not counting the auto-pilot Russian babe) and I agree totally with Ronfar that there's always room for lovely ladies in the party! 😄  She is cute though rather pushy...and is just me or does your flying kitty sidekick has quite the possessive jelly streak? 😄   She may not like being called a cat but she sure does act like one in that regard!!

Hey, what's the deal with our new chick having dollar signs in her eyes?  This is a J-RPG so shouldn't she actually have yen signs in her eyes? 😄 

EDIT: Oh wow, a NPC actually mentions the Cheers theme song...that was one of my dearly departed wife's favorite shows seeing as how she's originally from there.

Edited by Estil

• The title was changed to Anyone here into Lunar Silver Star/Eternal Blue? Now at start of Disc 2 on both...but can't get Silver Star one to work...
7 hours ago, Estil said:

So now I'm at the start of Disc 2 on both games...though I still can't figure out how to get the Disc 2 iso of Silver Star to work. 😞  Is it the fault of the PSIO and hopefully will be corrected in their upcoming major software update?

If Lunar 2's second disc works well, the problem with your Silverstar Story might be your file.

• Like 1