IGNORED

Sending stuff to a PO box

So I finally managed to sell something on Craigslist but it's to someone in another state. They sent me the money but their address is a PO box. I had them send it via Paypal F&F so I am a bit more covered if they're trying to pull a fast one on me. But should I take any other precautions? I assume I'll get a tracking number so I'll see when it was delivered but I'm wondering if I should record myself putting the items into the priority mail box just for backup? I've never sold something like this...if I sell something that I have to send it's usually on eBay.

Any advice?

I have a po box, why would it be any different than a physical address? I have received stuff there for years from every shipping company, no problems. If anyone doesnt like to ship to a po box, i just give them the physical address of the post office.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it's a PO Box, most likely at a post office.  Be a potential dick and add signature confirmation.  That way they have to be there anyway, but then have to sign to get it at the counter instead of just a hand off.  This way they can't dispute it never made it there or the post office lost it once it arrived. 🙂

• Haha 1

Ive used a PO Box exclusively for buying and selling Game stuff for the last 6? years (at 400$ a year!) I love it. Pick up packages 5-6 at a time, and love being able to sell something without giving out my home address. 

Just send it normal and they will keep it in the back if it doesnt fit in the physical box until the person picks it up. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah it's a PO Box, most likely at a post office.  Be a potential dick and add signature confirmation.  That way they have to be there anyway, but then have to sign to get it at the counter instead of just a hand off.  This way they can't dispute it never made it there or the post office lost it once it arrived. 🙂

I might just be a dick and add a signature confirmation just for ease of mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

Am I missing something? You could send them a box of rocks, what would their options be? The party that should be concerned is the buyer in this case, which is not you. 

Technically speaking if they fought it because A) I sent them crap or B) I never sent anything, they could. Paypal has the option to get your money back from F&F by reporting the person for fraud. But it looks tricky to do since there isn't the Paypal protection you get if you pick the other option.

I just worry that if say the guy is a scammer and wants to act like I never sent the stuff to him...he'd be able to get his money back.

This is why I like in person sales but he was the only one who was willing to meet my asking price so I caved.

• Like 1

Yup it just crushes one avenue for theft.  If you have them sign they can't argue it wasn't delivered and handed right to them since they have you sign for it and digitally it's logged, and at the post office they got you on camera too.  IT's not fool proof, but makes it a lot harder to claim they didn't get something.

• Like 1