IGNORED

Masters of the Universe Revelation on Netflix

fox

• The title was changed to Masters of the Universe Revelation on Netflix

Ahh, a MOTU series actively on "TV" just around the time that my littlest has started going ga ga over He-Man.  My son used to watch the original show with me, when it was still available to stream on Netflix.  While he seems to remember that fondly, he just can't be bothered to be interested at all in any of the new toys.  My daughter, however, decided she not only loved the MOTU Little People I managed to snag for her, but claimed the new production He-Man and Skeletor when my son was less than interested when I brought them home for him.  (He'd played with her and her MOTU Little People for hours, so I figured he might actually like figures more in his age range...and was wrong.)  Now if only I could find more than the first two characters released on store shelves...

• Like 1

It looks like Teela is the only one with a serious redesign… aside from making Orko bigger, and meaner, which just seems weird. Is he still going to have to clean his room? 😂 And then we have one new character who is Black, which I am all for but it seems like tokenism — more could be done along these lines. And BattleCat’s forelegs and paws look like human limbs which is also strange. 

I’ll be interested to see a trailer. This art style isn’t bad, but it’s not great either. I do like the angularity of the character design more than the style of the She-Ra reboot. Most of all I hope they do a good job of writing and that nobody loses their shit over whatever perceived “political correctness” is in it. 

Edited by Link
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I like the look of it, for the most part.  All the women have arms that look so muscled that they look like arms in male characters, though. 

Have you seen a woman who is legit into strength training or muscle building?  They can put on some impressive muscles too.  I like my women super humans to look strong just like the men.  I'm not down with the leader of the Amazon Women looking like a Barbie with magical strength.

Like this woman below isn't some roid ragin' pill popper.  That is just how an normal woman can look when they hit the weights like a guy would who was trying to get big.

4-women-share-exactly-what-they-did-to-g

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Have you seen a woman who is legit into strength training or muscle building?  They can put on some impressive muscles too.  I like my women super humans to look strong just like the men.  I'm not down with the leader of the Amazon Women looking like a Barbie with magical strength.

Like this woman below isn't some roid ragin' pill popper.  That is just how an normal woman can look when they hit the weights like a guy would who was trying to get big.

4-women-share-exactly-what-they-did-to-g

Yep, I have.  Even more muscled that those two you posted.  😉

Social Team · Posted
On 5/14/2021 at 5:38 PM, TrekMD said:

Yep, I have.  Even more muscled that those two you posted.  😉

You do realize it was a before and after photo right?  But yeah, I pick a photo of a woman who was pretty easily attainable muscle bulk.  The gym I use to go to had a black woman who obviously lifted for years.  She was probably the third biggest person I saw in that gym over 3 years.  And you could tell it was natural and not crazy over the top like some people will think.