IGNORED

Anyone ever run into a seller who instantly bans you on eBay?

Funny thing, before the virus it was starting to fall off on some systems, it was more towards the gradual side, but had progressed long enough I think these dickish sellers asking too much were finally getting some push back -- then all hell broke loose between the sickness and money being thrown around and spent recklessly.  That just emboldened the behavior completely.

And wow culsam did that?  I remember for years that one being the most reliable and one who really did sell the only quality non-brittle scrapy nasty 72pin connectors too.  He must have been burned enough times by the sketchy buyers due to the bus toss mentality ebay runs on sellers to just cut people off cold.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I once sent Lukie Games a question about the condition of a game she was selling and after a few days I hadn't heard a response so I tried sending another question. When I hit submit on the question, I got an automated response that I had been banned from purchasing from that seller.

Wow, so I got banned for asking a simple question. Probably wasn't a good idea based on how much I spend on games.

Lukie doesn't want buyers who know what they are doing. Their whole business is built around selling absurdly priced shitty items to people who don't know any better.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have to admit, not reading the replies yet, but the starter post I'm in 100% agreement with BBL'ing anyone who pulls that crap, especially if they get needy or aggressive about it.  I've had it start to happen, and my typed but mentally scripted response is, what you see is what I'm willing to give, if you're not comfortable with it, please buy from someone else as another will come along who is less concerned about such things.  If they get pushy, I stop responding.  I've rarely used the BBL, they've had to be a real ass about it.

Oh and I gave you your first thumbs up on that ebay posting I see you did there @JVOSS

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, goldenpp72 said:

So this isn't a complaining topic, more of a this is hilarious topic. I put in an offer on this and the seller blocked my ability to ever buy from them again, I then had my fiancée try at a higher price and she too was instantly banned, we got a kick out of it so I felt i'd share, I just bought it from someone else. No contact was made, the perma ban offer was 32 dollars lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taz-Mania-Sega-Game-Gear-Manual-and-Box/224043850253?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055359.m2763.l2649

Maybe you could be banned too, anyone else ever have something like that happen? Kind of made my night but it was a slow day.

i made a lowball offer just to mess with the seller. also banned.no loss on my end.

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2021 at 3:58 PM, Code Monkey said:

I once sent Lukie Games a question about the condition of a game she was selling and after a few days I hadn't heard a response so I tried sending another question. When I hit submit on the question, I got an automated response that I had been banned from purchasing from that seller.

Wow, so I got banned for asking a simple question. Probably wasn't a good idea based on how much I spend on games.

You didn't miss out.  They once listed a N64 game I bought as good condition, but when I got it the label was faded, plastic was scratched, and some of the pins were corroded.  Banned!! (in my mind)

• Haha 1

@JVOSSYeah I know I saw, it was either a newbie, or a burner account for entitled people to throw shade at safely.  Either way there was a good point made that clearly triggered some people.

And perhaps we do need a banned seller list, name + semi-brief explanation unless more is really needed.

To answer the OP, yes, I've had this happen. Husband and wife, both were Ebay sellers. Wife bought an item from me, then didn't even open it for 45 days after delivery, was unsatisfied, an instantly negged me instead of reaching out to me first. I would have happily given a refund or exchanged the item. Blew my perfect Feedback rating that had stood for over a Decade. Hubby in turn blocked me, as I found out when I unknowingly went to bid on a listing of his. I noticed the city he was in happened to be the same one as the other Ebayer, and as it was a very obscure one it didn't strike me as a coincidence, and indeed it wasn't.

14 minutes ago, Chaos Control said:

To answer the OP, yes, I've had this happen. Husband and wife, both were Ebay sellers. Wife bought an item from me, then didn't even open it for 45 days after delivery, was unsatisfied, an instantly negged me instead of reaching out to me first. I would have happily given a refund or exchanged the item. Blew my perfect Feedback rating that had stood for over a Decade. Hubby in turn blocked me, as I found out when I unknowingly went to bid on a listing of his. I noticed the city he was in happened to be the same one as the other Ebayer, and as it was a very obscure one it didn't strike me as a coincidence, and indeed it wasn't.

Feedback can be removed if you put up a fight though, my Fiancee got a negative feedback from a buyer for 'being paid and not sending the item then canceling the transaction' where in reality, he didn't pay for 2 weeks, was contacted multiple times and in those times 'tore his ACL' among other things, then said he would send payment in a couple days but did not.

She canceled the transaction and didn't even get him hit with a strike, he then left that weeks later and it was removed the same day.

Oddly, I had a really funny story recently about a buyer trying to extort 50 dollars out of me for a pretty ridiculous reason, he opened the case and I contacted eBay and they closed it in my favor while he went off on me after the fact 🙂

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Wow! 1