IGNORED

Bithead1000 clear nes... i won :)

docile tapeworm

On 3/5/2021 at 4:23 PM, docile tapeworm said:

@darkchylde28 its possible. i just couldnt believe the guy wouldnt even say anything back after i messaged him. and then to give another one away and mention "if you dont respond within a week i give it to someone else".... i guess that was him telling me to kick rocks.

Yeah that's fucked up. I heard him mention that thing about the time frame too. I was thinking to myself I wonder if skinny got screwed? IMO he should've waited at least a month. I'm gonna unsubscribe just because that seemed like a real douche move on his part. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Yeah that's fucked up. I heard him mention that thing about the time frame too. I was thinking to myself I wonder if skinny got screwed? IMO he should've waited at least a month. I'm gonna unsubscribe just because that seemed like a real douche move on his part. 

thanks bri. to be fair, i did get a group (patreons) email saying "clint won" but i never check my email. if the dude would have just said "hey sorry too late" i would have been cool. i agree you gotta give people at least a month. last video of his ill watch 💪🏻🤘🏻

edit: i messaged him via patreon and he never said anything back.

Edited by docile tapeworm

3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

thanks bri. to be fair, i did get a group (patreons) email saying "clint won" but i never check my email. if the dude would have just said "hey sorry too late" i would have been cool. i agree you gotta give people at least a month. last video of his ill watch 💪🏻🤘🏻

Lol, I never check my email either. That's what wives are for! 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Maybe he never responded because he "never checks his email".

Honestly knowing that you GOT an email and simply never read it, I feel like dude did his due diligence. You can't on one hand say "I don't check my email" and then on the other hand complain that dude didn't respond to your email. 

Hold yourself to the same standard if you're gonna complain about the dude.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

You can't on one hand say "I don't check my email" and then on the other hand complain that dude didn't respond to your email. 

Id beg to differ there. You cant hold a contest participant to the same standards as the person running the show. In example, I can decide to take a week off of weekly contests as a player, but Bea cant. If you are running something like that, you are checking those messages. I check my email hourly, but thats the nature of my job. You cant expect everyone to be on top of emails. And if you do, and a misunderstanding arises like that, you have the decency to respond back and say Im sorry you missed that rule, hope you win some other time, and thanks for paying for my service. Even if it isnt genuine, youd think youd want to do that purely from a business perspective. Threads like this arent great press. He is losing subscribers and rightfully so

Edit: also, call me a pessimist, but Id be willing to bet he didnt give it to someone else. I havent checked, but he would have done another drawing/hype video. Hes going to give that SOB away next month 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Id beg to differ there. You cant hold a contest participant to the same standards as the person running the show. In example, I can decide to take a week off of weekly contests as a player, but Bea cant. If you are running something like that, you are checking those messages. I check my email hourly, but thats the nature of my job. You cant expect everyone to be on top of emails. And if you do, and a misunderstanding arises like that, you have the decency to respond back and say Im sorry you missed that rule, hope you win some other time, and thanks for paying for my service. Even if it isnt genuine, youd think youd want to do that purely from a business perspective. Threads like this arent great press. He is losing subscribers and rightfully so

Did he actually "participate in a contest" though, explicitly? Or was this just a random "I'm giving this away" kinda deal? 

See, where you're wrong is Bea can TOTALLY take a week off. Will it upset some people? Sure, maybe. But it's whatever - she's running the contest purely on a volunteer basis.

The dude giving away the NES, to my knowledge, didn't have like a "sign up here specifically to win this prize", it looks to have been an "I am giving this away to a Patreon supporter as a kind gesture" situation.  It really boils down to "did he sign up to win a contest, or was the guy just giving away a thing?".

If I make an announcement here on VGS saying that you won a prize, and then I sent out an email to you saying "hey you won a prize" and then you ghost me for a month... yeah it's probably going to someone else. That's... how giveaways usually work. I build contest websites for big companies and there's ALWAYS a rules & regulations page with stipulations like this. If you ghost the giveaway, you're SOL, and rightly so - they can't be expected to sit on your prize indefinitely.

@docile tapeworm if you supported me financially through patreon, and also supported me by linking my videos and broadening my viewership... I'd be holding your Nintendo for longer than a week buddy. It was a 100% dick move on his part. Are you infallible in this scenario? Absolutley not. Do I hate people who think that their shit doesn't stink and never was late on anything in their lives? You betcha. That guy can go suck that big wooden dick in the back of his shed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Did he actually "participate in a contest" though, explicitly? Or was this just a random "I'm giving this away" kinda deal? 

See, where you're wrong is Bea can TOTALLY take a week off. Will it upset some people? Sure, maybe. But it's whatever - she's running the contest purely on a volunteer basis.

The dude giving away the NES, to my knowledge, didn't have like a "sign up here specifically to win this prize", it looks to have been an "I am giving this away to a Patreon supporter as a kind gesture" situation.  It really boils down to "did he sign up to win a contest, or was the guy just giving away a thing?".

If I make an announcement here on VGS saying that you won a prize, and then I sent out an email to you saying "hey you won a prize" and then you ghost me for a month... yeah it's probably going to someone else. That's... how giveaways usually work. I build contest websites for big companies and there's ALWAYS a rules & regulations page with stipulations like this. If you ghost the giveaway, you're SOL, and rightly so - they can't be expected to sit on your prize indefinitely.

I guess Im not sure why the giveaway or contest distinction matters that much here. He had 400 people in the pool and you have to pay to be a follower and be in that small pool. Thats obviously part of what those people pay for. I get having a time limit, but a week is pretty harsh. Especially when he gives away one item a month? Whats the difference if he ships this week or next? Its one friggin item.

In general, but especially under that time frame, youd expect some grace period even if you were to enforce a time frame. I get big companies that do lots of giveaways having a to be firm. If Im a guy with only 400 paying subscribers and one item going out a month, Id err on the side of not pissing off the few patreons, or whatever that was, that Ive got. Do 2 giveaways next month for extra hype if skinny is still asleep at the wheel

• Thanks 1

@docile tapeworm I hate to say and you know its all Florida love....... but remember when you said as a seller on eBay, you "hold feedback hostage"... "so be it".

Bithead has the same mentality as the seller in this case. He felt like he did his part, messaged you and he moved on. Reading everything you wrote in that thread applies to this. So you can't have your cake and eat it to.  

12 hours ago, Gloves said:

Maybe he never responded because he "never checks his email".

Honestly knowing that you GOT an email and simply never read it, I feel like dude did his due diligence. You can't on one hand say "I don't check my email" and then on the other hand complain that dude didn't respond to your email. 

he had to check his patreon when he gave away the next one. 

does the dude owe me a damn thing. NOPE. 

still a dick move imo.

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

@docile tapeworm I hate to say and you know its all Florida love....... but remember when you said as a seller on eBay, you "hold feedback hostage"... "so be it".

Bithead has the same mentality as the seller in this case. He felt like he did his part, messaged you and he moved on. Reading everything you wrote in that thread applies to this. So you can't have your cake and eat it to.  

he didnt sell me anything and wasnt awaiting feedback... im sorry i dont understand how that applies. if you think one week is enough time for someone to respond thats fine. i think its a dick move to give someone a week and just ignore me.

9 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

@docile tapeworm if you supported me financially through patreon, and also supported me by linking my videos and broadening my viewership... I'd be holding your Nintendo for longer than a week buddy. It was a 100% dick move on his part. Are you infallible in this scenario? Absolutley not. Do I hate people who think that their shit doesn't stink and never was late on anything in their lives? You betcha. That guy can go suck that big wooden dick in the back of his shed. 

im with you. id hold it at least a month. and i understand i messed up too but damn. and i literally have no reason to check my email in my daily life i operate heavy machinery and i can barley read 😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

You cant hold a contest participant to the same standards as the person running the show....You cant expect everyone to be on top of emails. And if you do, and a misunderstanding arises like that, you have the decency to respond back and say Im sorry you missed that rule, hope you win some other time, and thanks for paying for my service. Even if it isnt genuine, youd think youd want to do that purely from a business perspective. Threads like this arent great press. He is losing subscribers and rightfully so

....Hes going to give that SOB away next month 

🏆🏆🏆🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻