IGNORED

I do not drive in real life so I drive in Midnight Club, I have a problem and I am cognitively impaired by 20%!

Joyomofrobro

These games have helped me enjoy what its like to be a driver. They honestly make me feel like I am in a RPG for some reason, behind the wheel though. I get to places eventually not right away and build my way up its just like. I have been in the place I am since 1999 so have been doing okay now, I adjusted. The reason I don't drive is for others sake, but in a video game I can do whatever mistakes! 

SPE_MNC_PS.JPG

• Like 9

Just finished Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) and now almost done with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3). I think the next one is going to be Ridge Racer: Unbounded (PS3).

Have you played Shox (PS2)? It blew my mind. It's really hard, the AI cheats like there's no tomorrow, and some times/races seem impossible to beat. But it looks great and feels amazing! It's a pure, unrealistic arcade rally game with licensed cars. Highly recommended by me.

• Thanks 2

Burnout 3 was a blast.

Burnout: Revenge was, initially, unplayable. I got into it right after finishing Burnout 3 and I was shocked that I kept crashing like an idiot. After some time things got better but I didn't enjoy it half of Burnout 3.

Burnout: Dominator (developed by EA UK, not Criterion) was a fairly good surprise. It felt different and less polished but was still lots of fun. I heard it was given to EA because Criterion were busy with Paradise.

Burnout: Paradise is more like Burnout Parasite. I finished all of it except for some stunt events. It's a pretend-open-world racer and they could have slapped any name on it. Races are lame. Crash mode replaced by a bowling mode where your car jumps like a grasshopper after touching a car. I guess it's an OK game, but not a real Burnout.

None of these games have a soundtrack though. It's just commercial songs stuffed on the disc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will admit I only played 1, 2, and 3 maybe revenge but I heard that paradise was pretty good. 3 definitely my favorite @Tyree_Cooperin the first 3 I thought it was interesting they chose smaller bands/artists sometimes and put a variety of different genres. Some of it not to my tastes, some pretty good, but most of all kept things fresh.. ea kinda ran with that on a lot of sports games and stuff during that period of time.

Events Team · Posted

Played the first couple Midnight Clubs until I discovered Burnout.  Played the series in order from the start and feel each subsequent entry was better than the last save for the fact that Paradise did not include crash mode.  Hawker Solo is the best car in the game.  I can pull a near endless stunt run with that car.

I'd also give a nod to Criterion's NFS Hot Pursuit.  Kind of a Burnout step child.  

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Hot Pursuit on the PS3 feels more like Burnout than Burnout: Paradise! Sure it has more crazy cars with silly decals but it has NO proper races. Just pointless go from point A to B as fast as you can. I spent 80% of my playing time looking at the map.

I didn't know Paradise was on the Switch too. I'm a huge fan of burnout revenge, does hotpursuit let you crash into the enemy cars and all that?

Oh yes. The cop part of the game is made of 3 challenges:

- Crashing 1 tough enemy that tries to run away and does stuff to screw you up. The car has a lifebar on top of it so you know if you're doing it right.

- Crashing a party of 4/5 racing cars. Same as above, but the cars are less aggressive and their lifebar drains faster.

- Time attacks with a catch, that is, every time you touch the sides of the road or traffic, you get a penalty.

The racer part lets you crash enemies like in Burnot, but there's no lifebar and it's not really useful to be frank. Also, some challenges seem to disable this option, as I found that cars won't crash no matter how hard you hit them.

Crashing cars fills your boost, like drafting and drifting, so yeah they could have called the game Burnout: Hot Pursuit. The PS2 Hot Pursuit 2 had a lot more character and craziness to it. The PS3 version tries to make it look more serious and realistic, and I think it doesn't work well. Sure, cars look and sound nice, but that's about the only thing that stands out.

Edit: also, it seems that the switch "remaster" is a joke.

Edited by Tyree_Cooper
  • Thanks 1

@Tyree_Cooperhmmm that might be a compelling reason to consider geting into ps3. Admittedly, ps3 was the generation I skipped for the most part. I only got an xbox360 well after the fact and only for assassin's creed. Ended up donating it before I moved can't say I've looked back tbh. I'll take a look and see if hot pursuit is on anything I play regularly, thanks for the review!

• 3 weeks later...