IGNORED

Donkey kong manual

Hybrid

Okay, I laughed. Where the hell is the writing? For the blank pages, do the blank pages on the left always correspond to a blank page on the right if you follow it through under the staple? I'd like to see the first page with writing on it, I'm looking for the Nintendo Entertainment System logo.

This is actually valuable material.

When they print stuff like this they usually just fold a single sheet and trim the edges to turn it into a “book”.

Seems the printers forgot to print one side of the sheet and the result was this book with seemingly random blank pages.

You can determine the fold pattern with this information.

Ok so it’s not valuable in the sense of money, but just valuable as insight into the production history of these things 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, can I bug you for a full scan of this manual? There may be tiny variations that I can detect if I had scans. I only have two DK manual scans though, but I’ll gladly go outbid my way to buy DK manuals to identify the print.

Edited by ThePhleo

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

This is actually valuable material.

When they print stuff like this they usually just fold a single sheet and trim the edges to turn it into a “book”.

Seems the printers forgot to print one side of the sheet and the result was this book with seemingly random blank pages.

You can determine the fold pattern with this information.

Ok so it’s not valuable in the sense of money, but just valuable as insight into the production history of these things 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, can I bug you for a full scan of this manual? There may be tiny variations that I can detect if I had scans. I only have two DK manual scans though, but I’ll gladly go outbid my way to buy DK manuals to identify the print.

The OP does show a picture of all the pages as well as list the blank ones. Of course the pictures are high enough quality to spot minor differences 

This manual is just 3 pieces of paper that are stacked, stapled, and folded in half. Only one side of each piece of paper is printed on. Piece one is the cover plus pages 1&10 (1&10 blank). Piece two is pages 2&9 and 3&8 (2&9 blank). Piece three is pages 4&7 and 5&6 (4&7 blank).

The main interesting thing of note is that the blank side of piece one is flipped compared to piece two and three. My guess is it had something to do with the cover.