IGNORED

I almost let a variant slip thru my fingers tonight

13 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

For the uninitiated, look at NBA logo in the top left and the cartridge code on the middle right.

Now you've just got to keep your eyes peeled for an N7 variant!

Psssst there’s *another* variant that’s even more subtle.

Hey all, take a photo of the back of your BK-1 carts.

Edit: Meh why hide it.

I’m pretty sure the N7 software can be found in certain BK-1 variants with “07A” stamped on the back.

Seems like all boxes that have the first three numbers as 011 or 016 come with the 07 back....and all of them that have the 022 serial number have 07A on the back.

the A usually means a software revision.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

52 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Psssst there’s *another* variant that’s even more subtle.

Hey all, take a photo of the back of your BK-1 carts.

Edit: Meh why hide it.

I’m pretty sure the N7 software can be found in certain BK-1 variants with “07A” stamped on the back.

Seems like all boxes that have the first three numbers as 011 or 016 come with the 07 back....and all of them that have the 022 serial number have 07A on the back.

the A usually means a software revision.

My copy with the transparent logo has a 19 stamped on the back.

6 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

My copy with the transparent logo has a 19 stamped on the back.

Yes. It should be available in 11 and I guess 19 as well. I think I also seen a white NBA logo variant with 08 stamped in the back but I’m not sure.

Whats significant is if there’s the letter “A” though. When there’s a letter stamped on the back it seems to typically means there’s a software revision inside.

Also, the N7 variant has no Michael Jordan in game, and the back of the box removed the mention of a “full roster” and now boast “over 260 real players” instead...one known sealed copy and its alleged, no photo proof.

14 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Yes. It should be available in 11 and I guess 19 as well. I think I also seen a white NBA logo variant with 08 stamped in the back but I’m not sure.

Whats significant is if there’s the letter “A” though. When there’s a letter stamped on the back it seems to typically means there’s a software revision inside.

Also, the N7 variant has no Michael Jordan in game, and the back of the box removed the mention of a “full roster” and now boast “over 260 real players” instead...one known sealed copy and its alleged, no photo proof.

I want it...

15 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I want it...

I wish you luck in trying to find it then! I’m trying to gauge how often they show up by watching every Tecmo NBA Basketball on eBay and I’ve only seen one loose copy in the 4 or 5 months I’ve been watching.

There’s also a matching box and manual... I managed to score mine at a local game store for $25

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I wish you luck in trying to find it then! I’m trying to gauge how often they show up by watching every Tecmo NBA Basketball on eBay and I’ve only seen one loose copy in the 4 or 5 months I’ve been watching.

There’s also a matching box and manual... I managed to score mine at a local game store for $25

iirc it took me 8 months of checking every day to find a loose N7 cart with a verifiable photo. I got a second one a month or 2 later.

There was a sealed n7 copy (or box at least) available for most/all that time but i wasn't going to bite on that since i wanted a cart to dump.

44 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ve got the white logo with 08 stamped on the back but I checked the rosters and Jordan is there

Nice, so that's one more piece of the puzzle!

26 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

iirc it took me 8 months of checking every day to find a loose N7 cart with a verifiable photo. I got a second one a month or 2 later.

There was a sealed n7 copy (or box at least) available for most/all that time but i wasn't going to bite on that since i wanted a cart to dump.

:| wait, a sealed N7 that whole time? Damn

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Is it only the n7 that has the modified roster or does the white logo nes-bk-USA-1 with 07A stamped on the back have a chance at it too?

N7 for sure, unclear if the 07A has it. If the BK-1 07A cart has the modified roster, it would actually make the back of the BK-1 box incorrect, which is mildly amusing.

I believe this needs to be confirmed still.