IGNORED

What is your favorite system/generation to collect for, and why?

Strange

My favorite to collect for at the moment are the NES and the switch. I've only recently gotten a Sega Dreamcast as a random purchase at a game store and it's the only Sega I currently own. I really want to try the turbografx because it was all the rage when I was a kid but I didnt know anyone that owned one. I really want to try blazing lazers.

Most cartridge consoles NES-N64. I don't have a TurboG or a Jaguar (not that interested in the Jaguar and probably won't go down the TG path as well), but I did recently buy a 32X and 8/10-12 games that I want on it haha. I am essentially done with non-new SNES and NES games, nearly done Neo Geo MVS, N64 and 32X. SMS and Genesis are probably the last 2 with a decent # games that interest me in discovering.

Not doing too much collecting lately but when I do it’s mostly been either CIB NES or Wii.  

I’ve come to accept that I’m not going to get full set cart only NES so I’ve been into picking up select titles as CIB.  I like the eye candy.  And the feeling of taking the game out of the box.

Ive been picking up Wii stuff randomly when I find it cheap at thrift stores and stuff.  I’ve been trying to keep it to “in the wild” collecting.  I don’t have any real attachment or reason for collecting it other than it’s cheap and I like game collecting.

I sort of did a similar thing with PS2 at one point.  It was dirt cheap and I figured why not.  When I boxed up my stuff recently, with as much room as it takes up, I wondered to myself, why the hell do I have all of this PS2 stuff?

Edited by Hammerfestus

• 3 weeks later...

NES is my "main" but I love collecting for all cartridge based systems, even some of the weird stuff. I hate worrying about disc condition so I don't collect those as much though I do have quite a few.  I also like collecting for the N64 just because the library is smaller and everything is a lot more affordable.  Genesis is fun but I fight with myself over whether I should focus on loose or get the clamshells.