IGNORED

NES games increasing in price this year ?

CT

I’ve been looking for a Bucky all year, there hasn’t been many nice ones in NR auction.  Most have a significant condition problem. Any big numbers you’ve seen were probably the few nice ones. It’s an uncommon comic-based game so it’s got those people going after it. I’ve kinda given up, not paying a grand for it, lol.

Edited by DefaultGen

Funny my Bucky has a ripped label at the top.  And it had marker on it at one time.  That explains that one for sure.

And I see now, yes the Mega Man games are down in price.   So they do go up and down in price a bit.

Thanks for the comments, I hadn't been paying close enough attention to this.

• Like 1

Condition is driving pricing on NES.  Certain games are very hard to find in good shape.  I have never seen a mint Thrillas Surfari, Ninja Crusaders, Vice Project Doom, Metal Storm, Flintstones 2, or World Champ.  Bucky O’Hare is a tough game to find in good condition.  Has anyone ever found a Wario’s Woods with the top label firmly attached?

3 minutes ago, Ninja Warriors said:

Condition is driving pricing on NES.  Certain games are very hard to find in good shape.  I have never seen a mint Thrillas Surfari, Ninja Crusaders, Vice Project Doom, Metal Storm, Flintstones 2, or World Champ.  Bucky O’Hare is a tough game to find in good condition.  Has anyone ever found a Wario’s Woods with the top label firmly attached?

Very true. It took me quite a while to find a lot of those in nice condition. Wario's Woods was pretty common and affordable (even sealed) for a long time, but it has crept up quite a bit. 

Here's the Thrilla's Surfari I had sealed:

https://imgur.com/a/LOMYyIG

15 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Very true. It took me quite a while to find a lot of those in nice condition. Wario's Woods was pretty common and affordable (even sealed) for a long time, but it has crept up quite a bit. 

Here's the Thrilla's Surfari I had sealed:

https://imgur.com/a/LOMYyIG

Very nice!  I wonder what the condition of Thrillas cart label is?  They almost always have the worst actiplaque of any nes game.

11 minutes ago, Ninja Warriors said:

Very nice!  I wonder what the condition of Thrillas cart label is?  They almost always have the worst actiplaque of any nes game.

The label is actually pretty nice compared to other trash LJN/Acclaim releases, but it was already peeling despite never having seen the light of day. I think every single one of these low quality label games I've opened brand new have already been peeling at the top.

29Mn6Fs.jpg

Piczqpk.jpg

On 10/27/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ninja Warriors said:

My Wario's Woods is nice and firm baby!

Edited by 8bitsupremacy
Typo

^That sounds more like a personal issue.

Wario's Woods though never had good gluing.  I can't even recall one not popping up already within the first decade of them on the market.  Anytime I ever got one I applied some elmers glue stick and they never went flying again.

As to the topic though I noticed the prices on the games dropping in the last year before the asinine communist virus invaded the world, then people and prices got stupid around pandemic bucks and being shut ins and they're still not fixed yet.  But hey, it could be worse, you'd want Gamecube stuff. 😞