IGNORED

Mario Kart Live...Hype or Fad?

I'm curious over here and wondering to myself is Mario Kart Live Hype or a Fad? I can see the potential behind it but this could be like the Nintendo Labo and just be another dud. What do you all think? 

Also, the secondary market on this item is going insane. Check out eBay listings and you'll see.

Wish I could try, but nope couldn't get an order (was trying Best Buy). I've heard even people who were able to order it get their order canceled later. Either it was limited in quantity first time around or a ton of scalpers got on board on this one. Anyways, it looks so cool and I am sure the demand is high for this one as it's a really neat idea! If it comes back in stock, I will get it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Wish I could try, but nope couldn't get an order (was trying Best Buy). I've heard even people who were able to order it get their order canceled later. Either it was limited in quantity first time around or a ton of scalpers got on board on this one. Anyways, it looks so cool and I am sure the demand is high for this one as it's a really neat idea! If it comes back in stock, I will get it.

I agree with you. The thinking behind this is pretty ingenious. Fun factor is there and it can only expand onward. I've been holding off buying on the secondary market (I hate paying scalpers) but this seems too good to pass up. I hope your thinking is right and that they release more of it at retail. 

I have mostly been in agreement with the IGN reviews I have seen for games I ended up buying. They rated this a 7. I am passing on this game, but I am curious to see if this tech is used for something larger scale down the road. As it is, I am curious if they will roll something similar to this for Nintendo World for a virtual game live kart game of some sort as there has been some speculation early on there will be a Mario Kart ride/game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, drxandy said:

@Mega Tank the super mario world at universal studios Japan is turning out soooo cool, I've been keeping an eye on the theme park news and it's super exciting to see what will be coming to the us theme parks.

https://www.themeparx.com/universal-studios-japan-expansion/

Thank you for the link, but I have been genuinely avoiding seeing what they do in Japan as there is no guarantee it will be rolled into the US.

I do want to see this Mario Kart Live tech be improved. It would be nice to see this tech grow to something better and bigger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drxandy said:

@Mega Tank the super mario world at universal studios Japan is turning out soooo cool, I've been keeping an eye on the theme park news and it's super exciting to see what will be coming to the us theme parks.

https://www.themeparx.com/universal-studios-japan-expansion/

Ok that's pretty rad! On the bucketlist to do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I have it but won't have a review until Christmas when I give it to my son as a gift. I'm sure it's mostly a gimmick like Labo, but should be fun for a bit.

I guess I wouldn't mind buying it. If it's a gimmick, then it's just collection piece to have. Hoping it's not, and nintendo can do more with it.