IGNORED

Rant: So, is UPS worse than the USPS?

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

Well...

Screenshot-from-2021-11-30-15-08-00.png

The driver’s name was not released, and Moon did not indicate whether any charges were possible.

Somehow, I feel that charges are warranted..

I would imagine that grand theft charges would be applicable even if the driver didn't directly profit from the disposal of goods in his/her charge.

I wonder how long this was going on and why Fedex didn't notice that whole truckloads from a specific truck weren't arriving - surely tracking/complaints would have been rolling in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

They pick it up from your house for free!

https://tools.usps.com/schedule-pickup-steps.htm

If you schedule a pickup it does cost money, unless it's part of the carrier's normal route in which case it is indeed free 🙂

Great service, but I can't usually take advantage of it.

20 hours ago, avatar! said:

Well...

Screenshot-from-2021-11-30-15-08-00.png

The driver’s name was not released, and Moon did not indicate whether any charges were possible.

Somehow, I feel that charges are warranted...

This reminds me of the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where Charlie and Mac get jobs in the mail room, and because Charlie was so behind in delivering the mail, he would take a box full of mail and just mail it to himself to buy a few extra days of time.  

15 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I just use what's cheapest but USPS seems to always be ahead of the competition. 

I rarely ship anything outside of the country so I don't have much experience with it.  Years ago, I was going to send a box to a friend in France.  The box was about the size of a shoebox and weighed less than 4 pounds.  I got estimates from FedEx and UPS, both of which were over $100.  I checked with USPS and they charged me $28 to mail the box.  Before that day, I didn't even know that USPS could ship outside of the US.  With that said, they could not provide tracking once the package left the country, so if the package got lost in France, it would be gone forever.  I was a little bit more of a gamble compared to UPS or FedEx, but the cost savings were worth the risk.  It was a package for a friend, so I didn't have to worry about an eBay buyer claiming to not receive the package and demand a refund.  And yes, the box was full of video games.

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

If you schedule a pickup it does cost money, unless it's part of the carrier's normal route in which case it is indeed free 🙂

Great service, but I can't usually take advantage of it.

It may* cost money. As someone whose used it every week for 5 years at 3 separate addresses, it's free 🌞