IGNORED

New here, Question on sealed Legend of Zelda

Hey all totally new here and not into gaming at all though I was a big Intellivision player back in the day.

My mom passed away earlier this year and when going through things I found a sealed NES copy of Legend of Zelda Link to Past from 1992, made in Japan. Seems to be in excellent condition with maybe a couple of really tiny holes when you look really really close.  I guess my dad who died over 20 years ago had bought it but it never came out of the bag.  I have seen some of these go for pretty big prices when googling it. I have no idea where to start or what to do to try to sell it. I have heard about sending it to get graded but the idea of sending it out in a box is frightening. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do and where are the avenues I can go about selling something like this.

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, artemis69 said:

the last pic shows the small hole although it may actually be a hole that actually is part of the packaging

We do have a for sale section and members here are always buying and selling. If you want a more defined avenue eBay is generally where you’ll end up. Price varies on a sealed item. We use pricecharting.com and gamevaluenow. If I was personally selling I’d start my auction at $1,500 and see what happens. 

If I wasn’t in a rush to sell, with it being sealed and in that condition I’d send it out to WATA to get graded and sell on Heritage Auctions. They take a heavy fee for selling, however, the buyers have deep pockets and are willing to shell out big bucks for stuff like what you have. 

Neat find and good luck!

• Like 1

Looks nice. To maximize your profit I would grade it with Wata Games and auction it on Ebay and advertise it in the Sell Your Wata Games Facebook group (and wherever else you can signal blast to get eyeballs on it). You’re going to have to ship it in a box to someone at some point, so you might as well grade it.

If you hear about Heritage Auctions, AFAIK their minimum consignment is $5000 so I’m not sure they’d take one copy of Zelda but in this market who knows. You’re no doubt going to receive lowball private offers because pricing such things is virtually impossible right now, so be careful.

• Like 1

If your only goal is to sell it for as much money as possible, then I would definitely get it graded by Wata. Then repost and see what kind of offers you get or just put it up on eBay. People get more valuable items graded through mail on a regular basis, so I wouldn't be overly worried about that part.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Some may argue they're people with more money than common sense in hoping that old game buying will take off and their investment will increase like other collectible markets.  If it stabilizes and works out in the long run it could, yet being as it is, it easily could implode as well.  Heritage kind of colludes with WATA to get those high ratings out there so they can then just turn them right back around for people to make a tidy sum at auction.  They partner together, have some shared people between both, so it does well serve them to keep pushing it.  I'm not one for any of this bs, never will be, but right now I'd say send it in and strike with the iron is hot on foolish expensive purchases as you'll make out like a bandit if that thing rates in the mid to upper 9s.

1 hour ago, artemis69 said:

Just curious...who are these people who pay 5, 10, 15, 20K..geez I saw a 87 Zelda go for 50K on Heritage..wow

forgive me for being a newbie☺️

They are professional collectors. They used to collect comic books back in the day and rode the bubble to the top. Now they have sold off some expensive comics and are turning sealed video games into the next bubble market 😞