IGNORED

50 Quintessential NES Songs

1 hour ago, Optomon said:

Is that the "let's make a megaman 2 song" channel? Cause I actually wanted to try doing that with the actual Mega Man 2 engine. If I ever bothered to stream random things live and got the time. 

It is.  It was good for someone else to dig thru all the tunes and find all the similarities and patterns within the pieces.  The Castlevania one was good too, but I would be nit-picky about how he named certain things.  Maybe just to make it simpler for the casual to understand.

• 3 months later...

Great list.  A lot of tracks I didn't expect from games I expected, which was interesting.  Made me listen to them in a different way.  The song from your list I'm most glad we agree about is the one from Rollergames.  That track takes you on a hell of a journey in just over a minute.  One of my favorites.

I appreciate the effort it took to deep dive and find some of these tracks.  Always nice to see a list that's not dominated by all the standards.

My list would have had some Contra Force and Mitsume Ga Tooru in it.

Made a YouTube playlist a while back of "Kickass NES Music".  As the title says it favors kickass-ness over sentimentality or atmosphere.  That's why I liked your list.

Here it is anyway: 

Edited by wyansas
  • Like 1

Nice list! I had no idea there was any song on the NES that was 9 minutes. I need to give that Dragon Warrior IV track a listen sometime.

Three games that I think should have had inclusions are Blue Marlin, Nintendo World Cup, and Ufouria. Blue Marlin especially has a really underrated OST. It sounds just like summer.

• 4 months later...