IGNORED

Is this FF 7 really factory sealed?

Mijael

This was just sold at ebay , i am wondering if its factory sealead because it doesn´t have Y fold. I seen another copy somewhere  like this so i am not sure if they didn´t used Y seal for this game

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-VII-PlayStation-1-1997-Factory-Sealed-see-description-/133477060195?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I'm going to have to follow this one.  The hangtab appears to be yellowed as if it's old, so that actually has it going in it's favor.

However, I actually bought every Squaresoft title for the PS1 (ironically, except this game because it was my first PS1 game and I bought it from a friend) and I don't ever recall seeing any games wrapped like this, especially from SE.

I would expect that if it was an end of life GH title, but this is a black label.  It makes me wonder if it was a reseal from 20 years or so, maybe from a game store or even at a shop like walmart that had an open item.  But, the fact that it has an h-seam like a Nintendo game is also odd... that had to have been mechanically sealed, no?

I'm no expert on sealed PS1 games that aren't of a typical seal.  Regardless, this looks like it could be legit to me, but I don't know.

2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

If Jone says it's legit, then you're golden. 

I am not saying its not legit , i am asking if its factory sealed . Wata grades factory sealed games as 1st party and resealed as 3rd party . Is this game a 3rd party sealed game ? I am asking because there`s a similar sealead copy in my radar ...

Edited by Mijael

8 hours ago, jonebone said:

Yes it's legit and no question.

Absolutely agree with Jone. This is a very standard PS1 overlap seal, and is actually quite common for this game. I've seen countless examples over the years. The Y-Fold I would even say is more rare, particularly for the 'Realistic Violence' prints.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, RH said:

I'm going to have to follow this one.  The hangtab appears to be yellowed as if it's old, so that actually has it going in it's favor.

However, I actually bought every Squaresoft title for the PS1 (ironically, except this game because it was my first PS1 game and I bought it from a friend) and I don't ever recall seeing any games wrapped like this, especially from SE.

I would expect that if it was an end of life GH title, but this is a black label.  It makes me wonder if it was a reseal from 20 years or so, maybe from a game store or even at a shop like walmart that had an open item.  But, the fact that it has an h-seam like a Nintendo game is also odd... that had to have been mechanically sealed, no?

I'm no expert on sealed PS1 games that aren't of a typical seal.  Regardless, this looks like it could be legit to me, but I don't know.

There are other Squaresoft games that came with a shrinkwrap style seal besides FFVII. Parasite Eve and Brave Fencer Musashi come to mind.

In fact, I don´t think I ever saw a Brave Fencer Musashi y-fold sealed, if someone else has seen or owns one, would love to see a pic of it.

Edited by leonemesis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leonemesis said:

There are other Squaresoft games that came with a shrinkwrap style seal besides FFVII. Parasite Eve and Brave Fencer Musashi come to mind.

In fact, I don´t think I ever saw a Brave Fencer Musashi y-fold sealed, if someone else has seen or owns one, would love to see a pic of it.

The Y-Fold for parasite eve is very uncommon, but it does exist. Same thing for Persona 1. I actually wouldn't have believed Persona 1 came with a Y-Fold if I hadn't seen it myself, that's how rare that is. And you're right about Brave Fencer Musashi, but I believe it does exist in Y-Fold. Mine is the standard overlap. 

1 hour ago, Amermoe said:

The Y-Fold for parasite eve is very uncommon, but it does exist. Same thing for Persona 1. I actually wouldn't have believed Persona 1 came with a Y-Fold if I hadn't seen it myself, that's how rare that is. And you're right about Brave Fencer Musashi, but I believe it does exist in Y-Fold. Mine is the standard overlap. 

True, I have kept an eye on ebay to try and upgrade my Parasite Eve copy to a y-fold sealed one, but the few ones that popped up were too expensive. Fortunately for Revelations Persona I managed to get a y-fold sealed one, really wanted one for my SMT collection.

27 minutes ago, leonemesis said:

True, I have kept an eye on ebay to try and upgrade my Parasite Eve copy to a y-fold sealed one, but the few ones that popped up were too expensive. Fortunately for Revelations Persona I managed to get a y-fold sealed one, really wanted one for my SMT collection.

You did well on the Revelations Persona. I had a chance to get a Y-Fold copy at an auction, but it got bid up to over $1k, and that was way more than what I was willing to pay for an upgrade. The overlap copy typically sells for half of that.