IGNORED

Minecraft Server!

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

So, 

I have a minecraft server running right now, hasn't been used in awhile, but is still there.......

It is a 3GB server running tekkit classic right now.  I would be willing to upgrade a bit if people really want to play on it and want to play a heavier modded minecraft.

My thoughts are at least resonant rise through ATLauncher.  

Any thoughts, and any interest?  Let me know.

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

I play vanilla locally and with my friends, but might be interested.  What all mods are you talking about and what, if any, would also need to be installed locally?

right now it is tekkit classic.....which you can get here through a launcher

https://www.technicpack.net/download

I was thinking maybe resonant rise, which is more heavily modded..........which you can get through this launcher here

https://atlauncher.com/downloads

I don't know if you have played modded minecraft, but if you have not, u might be in for a treat 🙂  

Anyway, let me know what you think, and anymore interested parties, let me know.  I can answer questions, etc.

The reason I went tekkit was because the people i had been playing with had older pc's/laptops so I wanted something they could run, but if folks can run resonant rise easy enough, that might be something to do.  Either way, we can come up with different ideas and go from there.  I don't want to spend tooooo terribly much a month on a server, but am willing to spend some if there is enough interest.  I pay quarterly and will keep it going as long as there is activity.

Administrator · Posted

TBH I think barrier of entry will be your biggest hurdle with this; if people just need Minecraft it's not so bad, but if they have to download and install other things they've never heard of with no idea of why these extras are necessary, it's a hard sell. I've no clue what Tekkit or Resonant Rise are, nor why I'd want them on Minecraft. It's like you're speaking French, honestly.

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

TBH I think barrier of entry will be your biggest hurdle with this; if people just need Minecraft it's not so bad, but if they have to download and install other things they've never heard of with no idea of why these extras are necessary, it's a hard sell. I've no clue what Tekkit or Resonant Rise are, nor why I'd want them on Minecraft. It's like you're speaking French, honestly.

That's fair, but it is basically a launcher that mods minecraft.

Imagine machines that dig for you so you don't have to spend hours looking for diamonds, a harder nether, cooler armor, cooler weapons, guns, jetpacks.........IDK.

Youtube it if you don't know, if you ask I will answer as many questions as I can.

Magic is also a part of it iirc on resonant rise

Just so much more to do than dig and build 🤣

Administrator · Posted

No I get what mods are, but why these? Is digging and building with ya pals not enough anymore?

Being serious though; does each person who wants to play on the server need to download mods specifically? Or do you just download the launcher and it'll install the mods that are on the server, similar to old CoD games?

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

No I get what mods are, but why these? Is digging and building with ya pals not enough anymore?

Being serious though; does each person who wants to play on the server need to download mods specifically? Or do you just download the launcher and it'll install the mods that are on the server, similar to old CoD games?

I know you do 😛  The launcher does all the work for you!!!!  That is why you would use it.  

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

I know you do 😛  The launcher does all the work for you!!!!  That is why you would use it.  

Ok cool; some games make it tougher than that so I wasn't sure. I've only played Minecraft locally with my wife, and on Vanilla (Java version).

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

Ok cool; some games make it tougher than that so I wasn't sure. I've only played Minecraft locally with my wife, and on Vanilla (Java version).

well, if u feel u and or ur wife wanna join, just let me know, i will have to do some leg work on my end to make sure it all runs fine, but modded minecraft is where it is at honestly.  But, that being said, i know some people love OG minecraft and dont like launchers lol.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

well, if u feel u and or ur wife wanna join, just let me know, i will have to do some leg work on my end to make sure it all runs fine, but modded minecraft is where it is at honestly.  But, that being said, i know some people love OG minecraft and dont like launchers lol.

Oh dearie me no, I am not interested in playing Minecraft in any form I'm afraid. >_>

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Also, these are just ones that I have played, modpack wise.  I am open to whatever you all want, if u want an OG server then that is what it will be, but expand your minds and maybe u will find it is something you would like.  I use apex hosting so you can look and suggest what modpacks you all would want to play........

Administrator · Posted

Gloves has a point though Jeeves - especially for people starting out, all the complexities added with the mods (while neat), make it a bit complicated and overwhelming.  I like just vanilla myself. 

For people who have played the game a ton on normal, they probably like the mods that add further complexity and enhancements. 

But yes, having to get the separate launcher, and mods. and all that, is a bit of a turnoff for some.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Gloves has a point though Jeeves - especially for people starting out, all the complexities added with the mods (while neat), make it a bit complicated and overwhelming.  I like just vanilla myself. 

For people who have played the game a ton on normal, they probably like the mods that add further complexity and enhancements. 

But yes, having to get the separate launcher, and mods. and all that, is a bit of a turnoff for some.

Ya, i get that fully.  I'm just offering it up, kuz it is setting there unused...........

I am open to whatever everyone wants, I just figure if anybody does actually want to play, they have prolly played a lot, but maybe i am wrong.........

Like I said, I am open to all suggestions.

Edit:  I remember you not liking the launcher 😉

Edited by Jeevan

I can't say anything that makes resource gathering incredibly simple or the other realms harder appeals to me, sorry.  The Nether is frustrating enough on its own, so no need to make it rougher in my eyes, as it's Minecraft not DOOM or Diablo (although now there's basically "Minecraft Diablo" available).  The stuff you're describing sounds interesting, but just not my cup of tea.

• Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted

So,

After having talked it over with the @ChickenTendas, I guess you all have made your point........friggin' nerds 🤣.  OG minecraft it is for now.  I will be making a server for you all.  His case is, "Jeeves, since you haven't played vanilla Minecraft since like 2012 there have been so many updates!"  

"But Tenda, you have to have a sauce right?  I prefer butterscotch, but some people like strawberry or chocolate!"  

"Jeeves, let's ease them in and if we decide as a group to try modded minecraft then we can do that."

*resting bitch face* 😒

"Fine!"

Spoiler

You would think that me being a retro boi that it would not have been like pulling teeth eh?

@darkchylde28 @spacepup @Gloves @Mega Tank

So my question, when do you want to start the server.  Is there a benefit to being on before others?  How would you all like to do this, be kind or kill 🤣.  I would prefer a nice little friendly game myself and possibly collaborate with someone.  I assume we are all down with being friendly, maybe have some competitions or something if that is a thing I guess.  Really just about chillin' with friends for me.  Anyways, all that being said, let me know.  If this interests you or anybody else let me know, and I would be more than happy to let folks YOU guys know join in as long as it doesn't lag the server and as long as they can play nice!!!!  Nothing like one bad apple so to speak.

Edited by Jeevan

• 3 weeks later...

So did everybody give up on this?  I admit it took me about a week or so to remember that this was here, but it's been about a solid week since I've managed to see anybody else online.  One kind gentleman who was helping me out with a brief project even still has his chest full of gear near my house and boat parked half a map away where it was this time last week.  Figured it couldn't hurt asking since it seemed like lots of folks were dropping in and out a lot the first 2-3 days I was logged in, then everybody vanished.  Is everybody just busy or suddenly tired of Minecraft?

Events Team · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

So did everybody give up on this?  I admit it took me about a week or so to remember that this was here, but it's been about a solid week since I've managed to see anybody else online.  One kind gentleman who was helping me out with a brief project even still has his chest full of gear near my house and boat parked half a map away where it was this time last week.  Figured it couldn't hurt asking since it seemed like lots of folks were dropping in and out a lot the first 2-3 days I was logged in, then everybody vanished.  Is everybody just busy or suddenly tired of Minecraft?

I think everyone's just probably busy. Personally I just haven't signed in in a few days, but I haven't lost interest or anything.

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

sorry, I have been busy, my schedule is hectic sometimes.  more than happy to schedule some times to play.  haven't given up playing lol.

• Like 1