IGNORED

Am I the only one who MUST have the video with their music? Often you really do need the video to really do the song justice

Estil

2 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Like this one?

To me, that's the kind of thing that makes videos so great.  I'll agree with you in that I can't get behind the added sound effects in most cases. 

Yes like that. Even if there was something interesting to see i'll watch it through once or maybe at some other point again but musically it's just an inconvenience and obstruction so 99% of the times i won't.

• Like 1

I miss videos being a more serious part of the experience. I loved me some pre TRL era MTV. They seem to be more of an afterthought nowadays when they bother to produce them. I always found them to be a good promotional tool and also lend an extra depth to the theme of the album. Like you'd buy a record or CD and it would have a certain motif to the artwork on the cover and in the liner. I'd love reading the liner notes and looking over all the art when I would listen to the album. Then some of the videos from songs on the album would take that and bring it to life in a way. I miss that.

Edited by MachineCode
  • Like 2

This is the song that was made famous by South Park waaaaay back in the day (Dio I think actually guest starred on that episode); and they got their own Famicom game too!  As bad ass as the video may be, it kinda gives away that swords and axes don't work nearly like they do in RPGs and other games...if you guys know what mean by that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Link said:

I love the sound effects in this video

Oh hey, Patlabor!  Remember when cutting anime into real videos was a thing, then fans just made anime videos for almost every song there ever was?

As for that Aphex Twin video... well, don't watch it with the kids in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more a live performance than a music video...it's from the late 60s/early 70s Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour (the era was by far the golden age of variety shows; you might say there was a variety of variety shows! 😄 )  The way Roy gives his shoutouts to his bandmates rocks 🙂

PS: Doesn't anyone else here enjoy classic/retro country?

• 7 months later...

Just like the Reba McEntire "Night That the Lights Went out in Georgia" video, this one also adds a bit extra to the story you don't get from the song alone.  From the song alone you get the impression it's just another "trying to get back together with my ex" song.  But for the video, the story is much more deeper/interesting.  Can you imagine if your significant other was unjustly in prison for a crime they didn't commit? 😞 

I don't know if any other artist did this, but he even did a trilogy of videos.  For the second video, once again from the song alone you figure it's just another break-up song...but can you imagine watching your significant other dying from an accident (and her unborn child also in danger) right in front of your eyes and literally not being able to do anything about it? 😞