IGNORED

Carl Reiner died

Tulpa

Oh man.  That's sad to hear, but 98 is a good life.  I'd remembered him from the Dick Van Dyke show which I would watch as a kid on Nick At Nite.  As I started paying attention, I was a bit surprised to see his career continued and I think I enjoyed him best in Ocean's 11.

I think my wife and I might watch that tonight or tomorrow in honor of Mr. Reiner.  R.I.P.

58 minutes ago, RH said:

Oh man.  That's sad to hear, but 98 is a good life.  I'd remembered him from the Dick Van Dyke show which I would watch as a kid on Nick At Nite.  As I started paying attention, I was a bit surprised to see his career continued and I think I enjoyed him best in Ocean's 11.

I think my wife and I might watch that tonight or tomorrow in honor of Mr. Reiner.  R.I.P.

Heh - I still vividly remember the episode where Laura revealed that Alan Brady (Rob's boss - played by Carl Reiner) wore a wig on TV - the fact that he wore a wig was a closely guarded secret.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Heh - I still vividly remember the episode where Laura revealed that Alan Brady (Rob's boss - played by Carl Reiner) wore a wig on TV - the fact that he wore a wig was a closely guarded secret.

Yeah, that episode was HIS episode. 😄  Good stuff.

There was another great Dick Van Dyke episode where Rob and the writers were trying to get out their frustration by writing an insulting script about Alan Brady, and then accidentally sent it to him. They were trying to sneak it out of his office before he read it, when they found him sleeping in his chair with the script in his hand. It was great.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, RH said:

This is my experience as well. I think he was a brilliant comedic mind. I prefer his to his son’s. However, you can’t deny the talent in that family.

• Like 1