Jump to content
IGNORED

Show Off Your Original Video Game Art!


Jeremyamoto

Recommended Posts

I figured we could use an original art thread to show off some special pieces in our collections! Whether it's box cover art, magazine cover art, or advertisement art, I want to see them! Only one-of-a-kind's allowed ūüėČ

Allow me to kick things off with one of my favourite pieces: Hitman HD Trilogy Xbox 360/PS3, Square Enix, by Jason Edmiston! This cool artwork, done in acrylics on heavy watercolour paper, is the only traditional box cover artwork for the entire franchise. I've always loved the series and I was very happy to add this to my collection.

 

 

IMG_6019.thumb.jpg.878808f39f5024135545eaa05967174a.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jeremyamoto said:

I figured we could use an original art thread to show off some special pieces in our collections! Whether it's box cover art, magazine cover art, or advertisement art, I want to see them! Only one-of-a-kind's allowed ūüėČ

Allow me to kick things off with one of my favourite pieces: Hitman HD Trilogy Xbox 360/PS3, Square Enix, by Jason Edmiston! This cool artwork, done in acrylics on heavy watercolour paper, is the only traditional box cover artwork for the entire franchise. I've always loved the series and I was very happy to add this to my collection.

 

 

IMG_6019.thumb.jpg.878808f39f5024135545eaa05967174a.jpg

This Hitman piece is amazing. It's too bad they went with such generic art for most releases in the series.

Edited by DoctorEncore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

This Hitman piece is amazing. It's too bad they went with such generic art for most releases in the series.

Yeah, the rest are some generic, 3D-modelled garbage. Products of their time for sure, but this was a nice change of pace and I’m glad Square Enix went this route. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s another piece I acquired a few months back from Archon1981. This is the original cover painting for Uniracers, SNES!

NOTE: The artwork on the box appears a bit different due to some digital editing after the painting was submitted. The track above the unicycle is line art on vellum and was coloured and inserted digitally.

B521963C-0084-40C1-9996-D5333483BEB0.jpeg

Edited by Jeremyamoto
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Jeremyamoto said:

Here’s another piece I acquired a few months back from Archon1981. This is the original cover painting for Uniracers, SNES!

NOTE: The artwork on the box appears a bit different due to some digital editing after the painting was submitted. The track above the unicycle is line art on vellum and was coloured and inserted digitally.

B521963C-0084-40C1-9996-D5333483BEB0.jpeg

@Richardhead

  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jeremyamoto said:

Here’s another piece I acquired a few months back from Archon1981. This is the original cover painting for Uniracers, SNES!

NOTE: The artwork on the box appears a bit different due to some digital editing after the painting was submitted. The track above the unicycle is line art on vellum and was coloured and inserted digitally.

B521963C-0084-40C1-9996-D5333483BEB0.jpeg

This is my wife's favorite game! Looks great

 

Any chance any one had ever heard of aquiring original Pokemon card art? It seems like there should be an excess of it given the total amount of cards but I can't find any anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

This is my wife's favorite game! Looks great

 

Any chance any one had ever heard of aquiring original Pokemon card art? It seems like there should be an excess of it given the total amount of cards but I can't find any anywhere. 

Uniracers is a great game for sure! Pokemon card art is all likely owned by the company. It’s a little impossible to get any Japanese art as illustrators do not sell their published work. I know Christopher Rush did a Mewtwo promo card for them back in the 90s, but that’s the only American pokemon art that I know of.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...