IGNORED

Best Secondary and Tertiary Retro Game Purchase/Upgrades?

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Ok so things apparently move fast when I put effort in. I've got a Sony PVM (9L2) being delivered today. 

I'd like a 14" monitor but for now I'll take what I can get. This will be a minor upgrade size wise, but input wise it'll have many more options. 

I will, I guess, have to upgrade the Switch as well to account for the new options, but as it stands I should be able to do a straight up swap. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Yeah, so plugged in, the Sony doesn't really... Fit. Lol. 

I might find some other place or use for it, but honestly right now I'm preferring the JVC. That said, I can imagine how a better input on a bigger Sony might look a good bit better. 

Interestingly, the video on the Sony seems like it might be tilted a bit, I'll have to look into the settings and see if this can be resolved. 

Edit: looks like taking it apart and adjusting the "yoke" is the fix. 

Edit edit: actually, looking back and forth between the two, the colors on the pvm are definitely more vivid. I'll have to check the settings on the JVC to see if they're turned low or something, or if it's legit just better on the Sony. 

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

Yeah, so plugged in, the Sony doesn't really... Fit. Lol. 

I might find some other place or use for it, but honestly right now I'm preferring the JVC. That said, I can imagine how a better input on a bigger Sony might look a good bit better. 

Interestingly, the video on the Sony seems like it might be tilted a bit, I'll have to look into the settings and see if this can be resolved. 

Edit: looks like taking it apart and adjusting the "yoke" is the fix. 

Edit edit: actually, looking back and forth between the two, the colors on the pvm are definitely more vivid. I'll have to check the settings on the JVC to see if they're turned low or something, or if it's legit just better on the Sony. 

Wait until you try RGB on that sucker. 😉

Congrats with the score!

Edited by ifightdragons