IGNORED

Updated Technos NES games on Xbox Live Marketplace

trj22487

I imagine these are probably on PS4 too, but I just noticed that last month Double Dragon I II & III, River City Ransom, Crash and the Boys, and Super Dodge Ball have all been released. Double Dragon has been modded to be 2 player co op. All of the games feature online co op play, and according to the menu the flickering/lag has been fixed, as have the bugs. Has anybody tried out any of these updated releases yet? They are each $5. I always wanted to play 2 player Double Dragon!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better value would be to just pick up the DD & Kunio Kun collection they put out a few months ago, which includes all of the above and several famicom exclusive titles like the Basketball and Hockey entries.

I don’t think DD1 has an all new co op mode, pretty sure it is just vs, but many of the other titles do have co-op.  Should play just like the NES versions, the famicom titles have been translated to English though.

Funny, because the NES version got a lot of flak for leaving out co-op, and even today I still hear people complaining about that, like if it makes it the worst version.

But the NES version is IMO a lot better than any of the other ports that have it. Hell, I think I even prefer it to the original game.

Edited by Sumez

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

Funny, because the NES version got a lot of flak for leaving out co-op, and even today I still hear people complaining about that, like if it makes it the worst version.

But the NES version is IMO a lot better than any of the other ports that have it. Hell, I think I even prefer it to the original game.

That's nothing spectacular it's a common opinion that it's clunky and kinda broken. It's known for being influential rather than great as such a lot of ppl remember how they used to play it in the Arcades. It's a genre definer.

Edited by cartman

• 1 month later...

DD & Kunio Kun collection is half off on the eshop.  Great value for classic NES and newly translated famicom games we never got.  A few duplicates but it is something like 14 titles in total.

No brand new co-op mode in DD, just take turns and vs.  Most of the other titles feature co-op or Vs modes.  There are quality up versions that feature less lag/flicker and bug fixes.