IGNORED

WTB: Near Mint-Mint Nintendo Power #1

Arkturus

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 10 years ago I had a cheap ass framing company frame it.  There was a sub frame inside the big frame that rubbed against the borders of the cover.  Finally took it out last week and see pics.  The entire border is discolored!  If it wasnt for the discoloration I think this copy would CGC at 9.2ish.  No bends/creases anywhere, every single page is mint, all inserts.  Couple tiny scuffs on the back.  The frame added a couple dings too.

RIP.

C94E9F00-C6DD-460B-8A65-64C4D8362454.jpeg

39B84885-E667-4706-BF64-4600CE014A4C.jpeg

418E071F-400C-4D99-9903-AD11703768F2.jpeg

9E8E1A9B-E3EC-4228-8D75-91C54FDA870B.jpeg

Edited by Arkturus

Ah, dang, I had a perfect conditioned copy of Azure Dream for the PS1.  I found it at Salvation Army.  The one major problem was that whomever purchased it left it in the sun, with 75% of the cover exposed to the sunlight.

If a framer frames a collector item, they really need to use U/V blocking glass.  I'm sorry man, I know I'd be disappointed too.

1 hour ago, RH said:

Ah, dang, I had a perfect conditioned copy of Azure Dream for the PS1.  I found it at Salvation Army.  The one major problem was that whomever purchased it left it in the sun, with 75% of the cover exposed to the sunlight.

If a framer frames a collector item, they really need to use U/V blocking glass.  I'm sorry man, I know I'd be disappointed too.

I actually did use museum glass but its the actual crappy sub frame inside that rubbed and discolored it.  So sad.

Oh?! Huh. I wonder if that can be fixed. I mean, it might not be worth it today, but possibly for $100-300 an archival paper restoration firm might be able to reverse it. You can't reverse sun fading, but I think most typical damage to paper by added chemicals can be reversed. It just depends on how much you're willing to spend on it. (Note, that's an educated assumption.)