IGNORED

Kaiju & Anime

D~Funk

Been watching quite a bit of old monster movies and anime lately. Been picking up more stuff for the collection. Wondering if you guys have any suggestions. Maybe some anime you're into or old cheesy monster movies. Doesn't have to be Kaiju, could just be some corny shit, lol. Here's a peek at what I'm workin with now. 

20191118_222720.jpg

Edited by D~Funk

Redline is fun!

Have you ever watched Gungrave? It’s a good anime based off of the video game.

Some others that you don’t appear to have based on what I can see Escaflowne, FLCL, Raxephon, Samurai X OVAs, Fate/Zero, Eva, Rurouni Kenshin, Twelve Kingdoms, Moribito, Ergo Proxy, Full Metal Panic, Monster, etc

Nice to see someone with a good taste in anime. I've recently started watching the old Godzilla movies...thanks to a channel showing a lot of them for the Halloween season. They're pretty interesting.

Given some of your anime titles...have you see When They Cry/Higurashi no Naku Koro ni? I don't see it on your shelf. Great anime if you're into horror/gore.

43 minutes ago, Vaosu said:

@D~Funk I want to say that seeing someone else collect Godzilla VHS makes me so happy. There were so many different releases, dubs, and box arts. Here's mine!

20191023_195336.thumb.jpg.a63eb67480005b19290ea83bca830bb4.jpg

Thats Awesome! 😅👍 I Love It! I was actually just thinking the other day it would be dope to have like the whole Godzilla collection on vhs! I'm planning on picking up that Criterion Godzilla collection next week and then i'll have all the movies! And all on blu ray too! Pretty excited! Me and the brother were planning on having some Zilla marathons! I'm missing most of the older showa era movies so pretty excited for that collection! Its this set if you haven't seen it yet! Has the first 15 Godzilla movies! Everything from 1954-75! 

Screenshot_20191023-174502_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20191023-174517_Amazon Shopping.jpg

2 minutes ago, D~Funk said:

Thats Awesome! 😅👍 I Love It! I was actually just thinking the other day it would be dope to have like the whole Godzilla collection on vhs! I'm planning on picking up that Criterion Godzilla collection next week and then i'll have all the movies! And all on blu ray too! Pretty excited! Me and the brother were planning on having some Zilla marathons! I'm missing most of the older showa era movies so pretty excited for that collection! Its this set if you haven't seen it yet! Has the first 15 Godzilla movies! Everything from 1954-75!

Oh awesome, I actually haven't seen that yet. I don't follow new releases of these things too closely, I just mainly pick up Godzilla-anything when I find it at a thrift store, it's how I ended up with a few older sealed DVDs, That's definitely a good deal! Too bad 'Son of Godzilla' is on there, wish that movie would just fade away. It's so horrible.

Please just kill it with fire.

0X8Dh.jpg

No picture, but I'm a godzilla fan.  In the last few years as they've popped up I've grabbed anything from the series that has hit blu-ray.

Godzilla (criterion), modern Godzilla and Godzilla King of the Monsters US movies, King Kong vs Godzilla, Godzilla vs Ebirah, Godzilla Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla vs Hedorah, Godzilla vs Gigan, Godzilla 1984, The Return of Godzilla, Godzilla vs Biollante (also has some mega shark movie duo on there, Godzilla 2000, and then all the double features released in toho 2 packs (there are 5.)  I also have a small selection of figures too of Godzilla, MG1/2, Gigan, Fire Rodan, and a blue/green with sparkles translucent special Gigan too along with an old mid80s Imperial King Kong with that stuff and one Ultraman original.

Not godzilla related, but I do have that pair of Pacific Rim movies which are fairly entertaining.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...