IGNORED

Mega Sg cart adapters (game gear, SMS, card)

MrWunderful

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

These dropped today and are already sold out! Hope they sell more, really want that game gear one. 

or if you want to flip your gg adapter, I will pay 40$ or so for it. 

They stated on Twitter that they grossly underestimated demand (shocking 😱) and will be making more. I'll update the other thread again when the next batch goes on sale.

13 minutes ago, RH said:

I don't own a Mega SG. I was waiting for this solely so I could play my GG games on a CRT... then they announced the Analog Handheld and I've been convicted about what to buy ever since.

I suspect the Pocket + Dock  + Cartridge Adapters will be around $350 shipped and the Mega Sg + Cartridge Adapters is about $300 shipped, so...

Damned if you, damned if you don't.

Also, the Mega Sg and Pocket Dock only provide HDMI out, so you need the DAC (or another digital to analog convertor) to play on your CRT. it's a cruel, cruel world.

Edited by DoctorEncore
More details

2 hours ago, RH said:

I don't own a Mega SG. I was waiting for this solely so I could play my GG games on a CRT... then they announced the Analog Handheld and I've been convicted about what to buy ever since.

Well you can do that using a special emulator for the GBA Everdrive...that's what I'm using.  Better than nothing I suppose...

10 hours ago, RH said:

Are you set on using the cart to play?  I've gotten into MISTer recently and have been impressed with it's FPGA cores so far.  Could be an option for GG on the CRT and HDTV.

25 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

Are you set on using the cart to play?  I've gotten into MISTer recently and have been impressed with it's FPGA cores so far.  Could be an option for GG on the CRT and HDTV.

I had a mega sg and a super nt and sold them after I got a mister.   I played game gear on both and it looks amazing in both rgb and hdmi on the mister.  If you don't need to use the cart this is a way cheaper alternative.   Also the gba looks amazing on here. 

1 hour ago, ginoscope said:

I had a mega sg and a super nt and sold them after I got a mister.   I played game gear on both and it looks amazing in both rgb and hdmi on the mister.  If you don't need to use the cart this is a way cheaper alternative.   Also the gba looks amazing on here. 

GBA is really good on the big screen. Supergrafx was impressive to me too.

For $250 you have a basically complete MISTer for CRT and HDMI.  Atari 2600 through NeoGeo all on one device.  Plus growing arcade support.  It's an incredible value.

• Like 1