IGNORED

The Best of Micro Prose?

I once bought a Microprose PC collection that included Pirates! Railroad Tycoon and Covert Action.  The box is long gone as well as all the disks, but I still have the Pirates! manual from that collection.  I saved it for years, so I could play Pirates! and get past the manual-based copy protection.

Anyway, I have no real info about this collection, but I bought mine in 1993 or 1994.  It is likely that Microprose released others around the same time or soon after.  I really liked Microprose as a publisher bitd.  They released some great PC games.  Pirates (on the C64) is probably my favorite game of all time.

8 hours ago, Riszue said:

Judging by this
https://archive.org/details/TheBestOfMicroProse1993

"Multimedia Products Corp."

The company may have gone bust after this compilation in 1993?? or i should say, they didn't release a 1994 compilation 🙂

That's all I found initially. I've got to do a better job of notating my collection, especially things that have been in my possession for 15+ years. 

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

I once bought a Microprose PC collection that included Pirates! Railroad Tycoon and Covert Action.  The box is long gone as well as all the disks, but I still have the Pirates! manual from that collection.  I saved it for years, so I could play Pirates! and get past the manual-based copy protection.

Anyway, I have no real info about this collection, but I bought mine in 1993 or 1994.  It is likely that Microprose released others around the same time or soon after.  I really liked Microprose as a publisher bitd.  They released some great PC games.  Pirates (on the C64) is probably my favorite game of all time.

I'm currently thinning out my collection and actually sold a copy of the game 2-3 weeks ago. It's always bittersweet but I'd rather someone gets some use/enjoyment out of things instead of them just collecting dust at my house. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JBandit19 said:

I appreciate the information. I did half a dozen different searches and couldn't even find a listing anywhere else. I'll chalk it up as a win that mine is in a little bit better condition if I decide to move it. 

There's  another sealed copy for sale in a fb group sealed games market.

2 hours ago, Riszue said:

There's  another sealed copy for sale in a fb group sealed games market.

Ha ha! It's mine. I threw it up there with a pie in the sky number. Everyone wants a deal, so I figured that would allow me a little bit of wiggle room if anyone wanted to take a blind swing at it. We're in the process of moving house and downsizing so everything is up for grabs.