IGNORED

What Game Was Remade (Not Remastered or Rebooted) That Didnt Deserve To Be Because It Was That Bad Originally?

Lets go off of the Wikipedia definitions of a Video Game Remake.  Here are a couple of notes pulled from the page:

A video game remake is a video game closely adapted from an earlier title, usually for the purpose of modernizing a game with updated graphics for newer hardware and gameplay for contemporary audiences. Typically, a remake of such game software shares essentially the same title, fundamental gameplay concepts, and core story elements of the original game, although some aspects of the original game may have been changed for the remake

A remake typically maintains the same story, genre, and fundamental gameplay ideas of the original work. The intent of a remake is usually to take an older game that has become outdated and update it for a new platform and audience. A remake will not necessarily preserve the original gameplay especially if it is dated, instead remaking the gameplay to conform to the conventions of contemporary games or later titles in the same series in order to make a game marketable to a new audience.

Ok now sound of Sagers!

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm struggling to come up with one.  Some people might say Resident Evil 3, or The Last of Us, or Tomb Raider, or whatever, but none of those are "bad" games.

I agree with your statement.  With the way they are remaking RE games in order tho, if they keep going, and RE 6 then we will have a candidate.

There is no such thing as a game that doesn't deserve to be remade. Even a game that is awful in the first place can be made into a good one. See the Action 52 remake project.

Edited by mbd39

I kinda like it when remakes of "bad" games happen, because sometimes they fix the problems the original had and make it a good experience. That more of happens for fan remakes though

Off the top of my head the first thing that popped into my head reading this thread's headline was Final Fantasy 2 for Famicom. I've never played it myself, but I've heard it was kinda a miss for the franchise, and I know it got remakes. Sort of the same case for Wizardry 4

All remakes I've played though I either already liked the original, or only played the remake, so I don't have anything worth mentioning from personal experience. Closest thing to that would be Pokemon Diamond. That game ran terribly and I gave up on it for Platinum, which runs a little better, but is still bad in my opinion. That one got remade, though I never played through the remake

• Love 1

12 hours ago, mbd39 said:

There is no such thing as a game that doesn't deserve to be remade. Even a game that is awful in the first place can be made into a good one. See the Action 52 remake project.

I respect your comment here, but what if they remade a game like Color a Dinosaur, which has no real fun value to it.

Also, I think I came up with an answer, even though I havent played the remake.  Shaq Fu.

• Disagree 2

On 4/29/2024 at 8:25 AM, SilverspoonGaming said:

I respect your comment here, but what if they remade a game like Color a Dinosaur, which has no real fun value to it.

Also, I think I came up with an answer, even though I havent played the remake.  Shaq Fu.

Lol oh man, I totally forgot I’ve got a copy of this remake.  Never played it.  Sealed baby oh yeah call the watas.  
Shaq Fu rocks

On 4/29/2024 at 8:25 AM, SilverspoonGaming said:

...but what if they remade a game like Color a Dinosaur, which has no real fun value to it.

If they remade Color a Dinosaur as a phone app, my daughter would be on that for hours.

• Like 1