IGNORED

Visions of Mana

Ankos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top comment-- "Did they just emotionally blackmail us into buying this game?"  😂  Well, yeah.  Probably.   I also find it amusing that the main character was probably born around 81-84 and  yet in the 2024 segment, he looks like he's still in his mid-20s.  Dude, where are those greys at?!  I need to see realistic grey hair, cause that's where we should be!

Administrator · Posted
27 minutes ago, RH said:

Top comment-- "Did they just emotionally blackmail us into buying this game?"  😂  Well, yeah.  Probably.   I also find it amusing that the main character was probably born around 81-84 and  yet in the 2024 segment, he looks like he's still in his mid-20s.  Dude, where are those greys at?!  I need to see realistic grey hair, cause that's where we should be!

Yeah I'm rockin grays and I'm a spritely 36. Come on, Asian adverts! 

1 hour ago, RH said:

Top comment-- "Did they just emotionally blackmail us into buying this game?"  😂  Well, yeah.  Probably.

Dragon Quest and Zelda both did that quite succesfully recently... 

I feel like Seiken Densetsu doesn't manage to pull quite the same emotional significance 😅 It's a wildly inconsistent series unfortunately.

10 hours ago, RH said:

I also find it amusing that the main character was probably born around 81-84 and  yet in the 2024 segment, he looks like he's still in his mid-20s.  Dude, where are those greys at?!  I need to see realistic grey hair, cause that's where we should be!

Let me tell you about a little TV show called "The Simpsons"

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2024 at 12:08 AM, Link said:

Let me tell you about a little TV show called "The Simpsons"

Yes, but cartoons and live-action never line up. Every sitcom with children that lasted over 6-8 years had to reinvent itself or add more little kids too it because "cute factor" always sold them. Other series may have had more time, but people aged in them as well.

But cartoons. I'm not sure I've ever seen a cartoon where they aged the cast (consistently) over time.  This was a live-action commercial and it felt like they were trying to connect with everyone who connected with the series. I honestly most identified with the kid at the beginning because though I was a few years late to the party on the GB release, playing that game was one of my most magical moments in gaming.

So, you know, if I'm going to "identify" with this character, he needs to look roughly my age. I'm not in my mid-20s (ok, I'm willing to concede that this could be an "Asian" early-30s) but the guy did not look 40, which, based off of how young that kids looked and when he picked up Seiken Densetsu, he should be. There needs to be a bit of greys and some crows feet. I mean, come-on.

(And to be clear, this is nit-picking for fun. I just chuckled when I saw a rather consistent aging theme until the very end when they jumped forward in time about 20 years and... they actor hasn't aged a day!)