IGNORED

Xbox 360 Live Arcade downloaded games question

I have a hard drive with some nice exclusives on it that could become valuable once they close the online shop.

my question is will the games remain on the console and playable if I delete the user account that downloaded them?

also do you guys think this could be valuable similar to the blades interface consoles fetching high prices.

if I have a hard drive with some exclusive digital games that are lost forever after online store closing, will it actually be worth anything?

Your downloads will remain playable in an offline state if you only delete your user profiles and do not transfer your downloaded games to another console. Just make sure to select “delete profile only”.

For a while PS4s with P.T. on them and even mobile phones with Flappy Bird were all the rage, but that was short lived and was based on FOMO.

I think the reality is that digital content is too easy to duplicate for it to be worth anything considerable in the long term. The Xbox 360 library I am sure will be archived online by preservationists, and when backed up back onto the console will not look different from “legitimate” downloads.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, docile tapeworm said:

my question is will the games remain on the console and playable if I delete the user account that downloaded them?

Yes they will work on the console but you won't be able to transfer them to another console without the user account

I don't know how much money there is to be had in the market, but there are deff some harddrive collectors out there

Edited by fox
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 10:56 PM, Jupiter Jazz said:

For a while PS4s with P.T. on them and even mobile phones with Flappy Bird were all the rage, but that was short lived and was based on FOMO.

I think the reality is that digital content is too easy to duplicate for it to be worth anything considerable in the long term. The Xbox 360 library I am sure will be archived online by preservationists, and when backed up back onto the console will not look different from “legitimate” downloads.

15 hours ago, fox said:

I don't know how much money there is to be had in the market, but there are deff some harddrive collectors out there

8 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I don’t see the value but I guess that just makes me saner than some people.

Thanks for the replies. 

picture this. The Xbox 360 store closes. It’s panic time for some nostalgic Xbla now unavailable for purchase on xbox one…

the dishwasher 1&2

Charlie murder

SF 3rd strike

cobalt….

I got you. All ready to go on a low hours xbox 360 s for the low price of $599.00

it could happen for a moment in time similar to what jazz mentioned with the loaded ps4

Edited by docile tapeworm

I mean I would imagine 360 gaming in 2024 would prob involve getting a late model system with a big harddrive and it being loaded with goodies.  Then you are ready to party like it is 1999 or um 2009!

I have no idea why you would want a blades UI model.  That means you are getting a 2008 or earlier model with a 20 or maybe 60 gig harddrive and a case of the red ring of death.  Blades was in the new XBL experience, you just pressed the guide button and what do you know, all your options as Blades.

Also isn't 3rd Strike everywhere now?  I know the 360 version was dubbed the online edition, but was a lie cause the original xbox release had online, but if servers are down, why is it better than playing it on anything else?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, fox said:

I mean I would imagine 360 gaming in 2024 would prob involve getting a late model system with a big harddrive and it being loaded with goodies.  Then you are ready to party like it is 1999 or um 2009!

I have no idea why you would want a blades UI model.  That means you are getting a 2008 or earlier model with a 20 or maybe 60 gig harddrive and a case of the red ring of death.  Blades was in the new XBL experience, you just pressed the guide button and what do you know, all your options as Blades.

Also isn't 3rd Strike everywhere now?  I know the 360 version was dubbed the online edition, but was a lie cause the original xbox release had online, but if servers are down, why is it better than playing it on anything else?

Blades is nostalgia is $

3rd strike is a lot of places (and true og Xbox had online) but that’s not the same as siting on the couch firing up on the 360 with a tv in all its glory. You could play little samson for free but instead you spent $3000 for the experience of og hardware.

Edited by docile tapeworm

If a game isn’t available anywhere else and the original creator lost the source code, then I could see an xbla game on a hard drive being desirable. But outside of that, people will just play the games elsewhere.

PT PS4’s sold for a premium because you couldn’t get it anywhere else and Sony removed it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Blades is nostalgia is $

3rd strike is a lot of places (and true og Xbox had online) but that’s not the same as siting on the couch firing up on the 360 with a tv in all its glory. You could play little samson for free but instead you spent $3000 for the experience of og hardware.

Digital collecting isn’t the same as physical collecting though. The amount of gamers wanting to buy OG Xbox 360 with already downloaded games would be nowhere near the amount of collectors willing to pay premium prices for certain physical copies. 

The only thing I can think of otherwise, is if you have won or purchase some rare items for a downloaded game, that very few others own, then that may be sought after in the future. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GPX said:

Digital collecting isn’t the same as physical collecting though. The amount of gamers wanting to buy OG Xbox 360 with already downloaded games would be nowhere near the amount of collectors willing to pay premium prices for certain physical copies. 

The only thing I can think of otherwise, is if you have won or purchase some rare items for a downloaded game, that very few others own, then that may be sought after in the future. 

Well I don’t mean to compare it to collecting nice uncommon physical games. I just mean to say it may have its place. Plus think of the hard drive as a multi cart tied to the console, its very hard to find these.

“this here is a low hours xbox 360 s with legit digital bangers! Non of that mod’d bootleg tacky shit. You see the thing is the games on this hard drive won’t run on another console that’s how you know it’s legit. Not to mention this baby is bone stock.”

On 4/10/2024 at 6:13 AM, docile tapeworm said:

You could play little samson for free but instead you spent $3000 for the experience of og hardware.

I think most of those people spend $3000 for the experience of seeing on their shelf while firing up their Everdrives to play it. 😛 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Well I don’t mean to compare it to collecting nice uncommon physical games. I just mean to say it may have its place. Plus think of the hard drive as a multi cart tied to the console, its very hard to find these.

“this here is a low hours xbox 360 s with legit digital bangers! Non of that mod’d bootleg tacky shit. You see the thing is the games on this hard drive won’t run on another console that’s how you know it’s legit. Not to mention this baby is bone stock.”

Mmm bone stock

• Haha 1