IGNORED

F-Zero 99: 6 Months Later *New Tracks!

rdrunner

Are people still playing F-Zero 99?  I tried a few games with my NSO trial subscription and noticed that the waiting screens were nearly empty (10-30 users) until the timer ran out and a bunch of what looked like bots showed up to bring the race count up to 99.

Worried that this game is dead or dying, which would be a shame.

EDIT: Almost because I said something, the game was just updated tonight with new tracks (sort of).  They made mirrors of all 15 original tracks, but they're NOT straight up mirror mode.  All the mirrored tracks have new stuff added to them (boosts, jumps, rough patches, mines).

Edited by rdrunner

Well, I think that's why Nintendo has made these types of games temporary.  The Pac-Man one, the SMB 1, and now this are all short-term products because Nintendo understands that interest is going to be a flash-in-the-pan thing.

I thought it was cool and kind of wanted to play it a bit more than I did but it doesn't surprise me that it's fizzled.   People are only willing to play so much F-Zero constantly.

My interest lasted only about a week.  I haven't played it since.  It's not that I didn't enjoy it.  It's just not something I see myself playing much.  I usually don't spend a lot of time playing online games where a 9 year old kid from another country is kicking my ass constantly.  

With that said, I hope Nintendo continues to make these kinds of games.  I do enjoy them for what they are.  

• Agree 1

• The title was changed to F-Zero 99: 6 Months Later *New Tracks!

Just updated the main post when I logged in tonight and saw the new mirror tracks.  Guess someone out there heard me! 🙂

Pity my trial subscription is running out.  Not planning on paying to play this, but it does look nice for anyone still interested.