IGNORED

Has your collecting changed?

I’ve always been more of a franchise collector more so than a console collector, and having done that (and more), I like that I’m in a position where I can occasionally upgrade and sell duplicates as it becomes relevant to my interests. :)

Entirely and a few factors were at play.

I'm now working 60hrs a week or a little more, plus prep/drive time call it 70 maybe?  What time I have is more limited than it was last summer and before, so when I play I want something I can get into easily and get out in a few minutes to an hour, or if not, easily accessible at whatever time (say like iOS for FF Pixel Remasters as TV...forget it.)

Last year I got fed up and stopped buying games on ebay unless they're imports since they're super rare if ever around here.  Forums almost entirely, pretty selective on that end too.  I'm about local only, usually pay cash, and it has to be something I'd actually want to play, want to use, and is *NOT* online priced or I don't need it.  It must be at least 20% below online as well.

At this rate I look for games for the systems I've retained (NES, SNES, N64, VB, GB, GBC, GBA, Genesis and GG.) along with now Anime again because media is so toxic and politicial and socially whiny you need a break from the garbage.  I have a store I check 5x a week as it's on the route to my kids school or 2nd job so it's no cost to get nothing but 1-2x a month, and on weekends there are a few others I peek at and weather permitting the flea market.  It's not what it was but I enjoy seeing random, it's a micro mental vacation and some exercise too so it's a win either way.