IGNORED

If you could only play ONE SERIES - What would you choose?

T-Pac

On 2/27/2024 at 9:16 AM, Ankos said:

I'd say that a series is a set of games in a franchise that have a clear sequential order (maybe not released in that order though), while a spinoff would be anything in a franchise that does not do that. I also tend to assume that for any franchise still getting games that the main series for it is ongoing

SMB→SMB2J/SMB-USA→SMB3→SMB4 (SMW)→?→SMB Wonder

There can be entire spinoff series for larger franchises. Like calling Megaman X a spinoff of the Megaman franchise, but it having its own series at this point

What would be trickiest for me is when a franchise's main titles shift considerably in direction and the old style titles stop getting released. If Capcom stopped making classic games after releasing Megaman X and only released X games after that point, then I guess I'd acknowledge them as the main Megaman series

Well said. I pretty much agree. It all gets a bit messy trying to group and categorize EVERYTHING. Most times, likely, as you pointed out there's a "main series" we can go with.

Don't forget to include "New Super Mario Bros." in the main series for SMB! 😆

On 2/27/2024 at 9:22 AM, JamesRobot said:

Totally agree.  I'm not above it by any means. 

If someone said, "Want to come over and play some Nintendo?"  I'd fully expect that we're sitting down with the Nintendo Entertainment System.  It's the unspoken law of the playground.  I don't make the rules, I just abide.

the lady in the van GIF

Same here. I'll do what I need to win. 🤗

Ah yes. Fully agree. I didn't realize we feel the exact same way and you just literally meant referring to "Nintendo" games in conversation.

If I show up to your place and you've got a Gamecube for us to play then you REALLY fucked up.

arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

At this point if we're having a conversation and you DON'T understand that Nintendo = NES only, then why are we even friends? What... you gonna throw that DS in there too while we play some "Nintendo games"??? Jesus. Get a grip.

Note: This sarcasm is not intended to take away from my level of agreeance, if you say "Nintendo" we better be playing some NES games, haha.

Edited by AirVillain
clarification...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mega Man, easy.

Original, X, Zero, racing, Battle & Fighters, EXE., Legends...covers all the bases for me.

Considering how much I run it back with Mega Man games every year, this scenario wouldn't be much of a leap for me.

• Like 2