IGNORED

HOMEBREW SUPPORTER

zxdplay

9 minutes ago, zxdplay said:

You don't have to argue anymore. The photo is not a real machine, but the real machine looks like this, exactly the same. I don't think there is any misleading.

Listen dude, don't take my critical stance as me wishing you or your project any ill-will. I will be VERY happy indeed to see whatever you manage to come up with.

I just like it when things are kept closer in line with realistic expectations. The further things stray from reality, the more uneasy I become.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zxdplay said:

You don't have to argue anymore. The photo is not a real machine, but the real machine looks like this, exactly the same. I don't think there is any misleading.

Why not show the real machine? Any details of the work that you have done, like the the HDMI and USB interfaceinstalled on the back panel? Show your prototype in operation with a demo? It's pretty easy these days for most people to take a picture. If you can't or won't do that, there is going to be skepticism. As they say, "Pics or it didn't happen." 

Either way, add me to those who have said this idea goes way far beyond the reason you've given for it to exist. There are multiple people right here on this forum who can help you with music for a 60 pin cartridge that's compatible with a console that already exists. 

You're trying to do a lot of unnecessary engineering work and effort to solve one aspect with known solutions. 4 pages on I doubt you are going to reach your goal of 170 buyers, here or anywhere. Even then, it severely limits your audience.

Don't reinvent the wheel. Work with a 60 pin cartridge platform that millions of people already have in a dozen+ countries. 

You want to make games. All you need is someone to help implement the music in the game(s?) you're making. ...which are what? That would create a lot more excitement, if you have anything to show.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

The fact that the thread title is worded like a dodgy business opportunity rather than a hobbyist passion project should be pretty telling 🤣

When this thread first started, I did want to get a wish list, but a lot of people were opposed to that, so I dropped it.😂

But I do have a lot of motivation to build this machine, I just want to get more people's support.

Edited by zxdplay

4 hours ago, Link said:

There are multiple people right here on this forum who can help you with music for a 60 pin cartridge that's compatible with a console that already exists. 

You're trying to do a lot of unnecessary engineering work and effort to solve one aspect with known solutions. 4 pages on I doubt you are going to reach your goal of 170 buyers, here or anywhere. Even then, it severely limits your audience.

Thank you, now I don't need a wish list with 170 people. I'm going to give it a try, maybe I can really make it. If it fails because it's too difficult, it's okay.

Edited by zxdplay

• The title was changed to HOMEBREW SUPPORTER
  • 3 weeks later...