IGNORED

Gaming wishlist items that seem odd in hindsight

G-type

On 12/3/2023 at 5:17 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Mine looks like this on the back Screenshot_20231203-181424.png.889f939b4eca6afeeda8f69e0ceb629d.png

From my understanding, this input is the same as svideo just split. The mod is super easy, just connect the existing wires to an svideo jack and call it a day. 

I bought this one for $4.99 here:  Blackmagic Intensity Pro S-Video Breakout Cable S-Video To Dual RCA Cable NEW | eBay

• Thanks 2

On 12/3/2023 at 5:17 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Mine looks like this on the back Screenshot_20231203-181424.png.889f939b4eca6afeeda8f69e0ceb629d.png

From my understanding, this input is the same as svideo just split. The mod is super easy, just connect the existing wires to an svideo jack and call it a day. 

It took me a second to realize what I was looing at.  So the chroma and luma are split into two RCA connections, but those connectors are yellow and red?  That's not confusing at all.......

I've seen s-video split into separate luma and chroma connections before.  My Extron matrix switcher does that and I have splitter cables that I use, but since they are BNC connectors, they don't have any colors to them.  I've never seen chroma and luma with yellow and red colors before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Link said:

Gotta say, I never actually checked the price on that other one 😱 

I actually messaged that guy (on ebay) and told him he should change his description to pull in more retro-gamers.  That was 2 years ago, and I think he did it.  The same splitter is used in Atari equipment too, and I found one on a site that caters to Atari computer users, but the one on ebay is the cheapest one I could find.

Edited by wongojack
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Link said:

Gotta say, I never actually checked the price on that other one 😱 

12 hours ago, wongojack said:

I actually messaged that guy (on ebay) and told him he should change his description to pull in more retro-gamers.  That was 2 years ago, and I think he did it.  The same splitter is used in Atari equipment too, and I found one on a site that caters to Atari computer users, but the one on ebay is the cheapest one I could find.

I wish I had seen those when I was looking for my s-video splitters for my Extron.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1