IGNORED

Suzanne Somers (1946-2023)

Estil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Somers

I personally remember her better from the 90s sitcom Step by Step (not to be confused with the New Kids on the Block song) but this was obviously her real claim to fame:

I'd love to be in a Three's Company kind of deal with the ABBA girls 🥰

Edited by Estil
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Cancer...damn.

She had been fighting it for a long time.

I mostly remember her from watching Three's Company reruns (and not realizing how dirty that show was with innuendo.)

Step by Step was weird to me, because I knew her from Company and Patrick Duffy from Dallas. I just couldn't get it out of my head that the show was as if Bobby Ewing hooked up with Chrissy Snow, and adopted Nicole from My Two Dads.

3 hours ago, AirVillain said:

DIdn't realize she was the mom in Step by Step.

Loved me some Three's Company though. Would be interesting to watch it now as an adult. I've seen bits but not full episodes in their entirety. 

Could you guys picture me in a sitcom like that getting to live with the ABBA girls and all those wacky adventures? 😄 

2 hours ago, Tenjikuronin said:

She was also featured in Playboy.....or so I've been told 😉

Twice, actually, and she was on the December 1984 cover.

Her Three's Company alumna / replacement, Priscilla Barnes, is the March 1976 Penthouse Pet of the Month. She posed under a pseudonym well before she was widely famous. I have that issue somewhere in my "archives."

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Twice, actually, and she was on the December 1984 cover.

I forget, does each month's Playmate get to be on the cover or the centerfold...or both at the same time?  That must be quite an honor as Wikipedia sees fit to recognize all of them with their own articles!

Edited by Estil

45 minutes ago, Estil said:

I forget, does each month's Playmate get to be on the cover or the centerfold...or both at the same time?  That must be quite an honor as Wikipedia sees fit to recognize all of them with their own articles!

Once in a while, and sometimes on different covers than their centerfold issue.

13 minutes ago, Estil said:

Well I meant the ABBA girls in their prime but sure, I'll live/hang out with them as they are now!  And who are you calling Urkel? 😛 

I always pictured you with high-waisted pants and whatnot. Though come to think of it, your personality is a lot closer to Balki.

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I always pictured you with high-waisted pants and whatnot. Though come to think of it, your personality is a lot closer to Balki.

*reads Wiki article* I guess in some ways that makes sense (while I've always been a big fan of the show's spinoff, Family Matters, I don't think I ever watched Perfect Strangers) though his favorite of all of God's creatures are sheep!

For the record my usual attire is t-shirt (my current one reads "BEST CAT DAD EVER" 😄 ) and shorts or sweatpants.  I seldom go anywhere besides the grocery store or grandma's so I don't really have much reason to wear anything else...

Edited by Estil