IGNORED

Ideas to improve navigating long threads

Link

Now that Werewolf is over, I have some feature requests that I think would make the game (and sometimes other threads) better. 

• Add ISO 🔎 link in PMs

• In an ISO view (thread or PM), have a... reverse ISO. So you can return to that spot in the thread. As is we can copy the link to post and paste it in address bar, but that gets tedious.

• When clicking ISO it should go to the post in question, instead of the user's first post in the thread.

• Add reactions in PMs. So you can do a simple agree, thanks, lol, etc without replying just to say one word.

• Remove "currently viewing" aspect of profiles, at least from public view. It might be useful for mods somehow, but as a regular user, who cares?

• Another thing handy for both public and private threads, a "go to page [__]" function. 

Social Team · Posted
On 7/17/2023 at 4:43 AM, Sumez said:

Could we add "ISO" to the abbreviation list? because I have no idea what this means.

This is purely a term used in the Werewolf club.  It means to "isolate", which means to ONLY read one member's post in a thread to get a "read" on the person.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/12/2023 at 3:31 PM, Link said:

• Another thing handy for both public and private threads, a "go to page [__]" function. 

Sooo, I accidentally noticed this is already in the forum software. At the bottom of the page where it says "Page X of Y" if you click on that you can do exactly this, enter a desired page number. Assuming you didn't silently add this feature @Gloves

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Link said:

Sooo, I accidentally noticed this is already in the forum software. At the bottom of the page where it says "Page X of Y" if you click on that you can do exactly this, enter a desired page number. Assuming you didn't silently add this feature @Gloves

I don't do much silently lol. 

On 7/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, FireHazard51 said:

This is purely a term used in the Werewolf club.  It means to "isolate", which means to ONLY read one member's post in a thread to get a "read" on the person.

So I was looking for an old post just the other day, and honestly this feature seems pretty useful in that context, and that was for a thread with only 4 or so pages.

18 minutes ago, Sumez said:

So I was looking for an old post just the other day, and honestly this feature seems pretty useful in that context, and that was for a thread with only 4 or so pages.

Yeah, it's useful in other cases too. I've seen it on other forums that didn't do Werewolf and found it handy. 

42 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I don't do much silently lol. 

[fart joke]