IGNORED

What would you change if you could alter your past?

193881_back.jpg.e226c720e66cbbbf2b2c4af16a0be173.jpg

First, I'd slap the face of the guy who put this sticker, like really hard.

Then, I'd go further back in time and put a bomb in the factory that made this sticker, to make sure it explodes into debris and soft ash and gets replaced by something humanity actually needs.

This sticker from a worse place than hell had to be removed twice. The top paper layer and middle metal layer came first, and then a bottom plastic layer under which the glue made by the devil was generously found, as well as some more metal coil which is made to be further protected under the plastic layer, coz everybody wants to steal this shitty game that revolutionized the survival horror genre and is fondly remembered by everybody.

Took 2 hours, most of which was the plastic layer. Kept ripping by hand so I did it all with a plastic tool, millimited by millimeter.

20230408_113611.jpg.123dccb3f63ead17fabbd9dd1d38619c.jpg

20230408_114048.jpg.b81f1eb60e4d28de4714642d30880ffc.jpg

20230408_120513.jpg.a6c5431806a218cff659c0403ae16853.jpg

20230408_120521.jpg.783ef3046ad2852cb5f8ea7adfa12410.jpg

20230408_121356.jpg.6941a38b1aa6499d19d05a6c13e584e4.jpg

20230408_133410.jpg.92e6180ff26f615ebd26e51e9f7d9391.jpg

20230408_135311.jpg.960ebe11b3c96649887d9209bd4d6671.jpg

• Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
5 hours ago, RH said:

I hate ask but what’s the game?

Looks like the Asian version of Silent Hill: Book of Memories for Vita.

I've encountered those stickers before and they are super thick.  Honestly I'd just break open the seal, but that's probably what I'd do anyway haha.

The result is pretty good though; I don't regret the wasted time. Of course there will always be a slight imprint where the sticker was, but i normal lighting conditions it's hard to spot.

The good thing about sealed PlayStation 12345 psp psv is that the very large majority all have the same kind of thick seal where GooGone and similar products don't leave residue at all.

Tried GooGone on cheap PC shrinkwraps and it DOES leave residue, so that's a lesson learned. I think it's either because they are more porous and the product gets trapped in there, or because the product melts the shrinkwrap. (or both)

• Agree 1

Gaming wise, I'd have not purged as much as I did 18 years ago now when things went really bad between jobs because the few shreds of that I did care about that are gone I can't justify short of a lottery ticket bothering with, the rest I'd have made some bank on in the last decade. 😛

Realistically, it's non-gaming, and if this post were seen by the family I'd be up shit creek, but I would have taken the job that would have put me half way across the world instead of staying on where I had only started working weeks earlier.  Very obvious implications to what I'm saying there, if you know what I mean.

In regards to anything outside the realm of collecting? That is a long list, with me not thinking much would change for me.

But collecting? That would begin at the end of January, 2011 onward. Starting with me not opening the "Radiant Red" PSP I bought in a store at an Aeon shopping center in Koriyama (Fukushima Prefecture). And instead use that as a means to end 2011 by starting a sealed game collection (instead of a sealed Japanese Transformers collection).

Granted that I would still make a trip to Kyoto Animation, asking them about Haruhi Suzumiya season 3. But that is a fun side-story tied to a few things I did during my first solo vacation.

But I'd probably focus more on Weekly Jump games that were made for the PSP, and later the PS3. Instead of what I faced when I tried to be a Transformers collector/fan. Because that is one mess that I am still trying to recover from. But in that case, I think I would still have games tied to Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto in my collection if I did that.

With my guess being that I would have started to collect any Switch titles that have my interest after I joined NintendoAge. And also have more money to buy rare variants today.

A conversation I had in 2012:

girlfriend - Hey, can you check into this Bitcoin thing my accountant told me about? It's supposed to get big and it's at $10 each.

me - I'll look at it eventually.

------- 6 months later ---------

girlfriend - Hey, did you look at that Bitcoin thing? It's at $100 now.

me - Yes, it looks stupid, I don't really get it. Probably not worth buying.

girlfriend - Okie dokie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

girlfriend - Hey, can you check into this Bitcoin thing my accountant told me about? It's supposed to get big and it's at $10 each.

girlfriend - Okie dokie!

Same deal for me

On 4/9/2023 at 12:21 AM, Code Monkey said:

girlfriend - Okie dokie!

A house of cards in hindsight is still a house of cards lol

Edited by inasuma
  • Agree 1