IGNORED

Recent price spike of Moss

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted

WTF happen in the last few months that caused Moss to spike in price (Price Charting - Moss)?  It was a game included in some PSVR bundles.  PAL version is pretty cheap though.  My initial thought is Moss wasn't sold separately as a stand alone copy (maybe limited prints) in NA but in PAL they did make a lot of copies of the standalone game.  But why the sudden spike?  I would think the spike would of happen in 2019.  Why the late surge specifically. Should I expect this to continue to be high or will it come back down.  

Knowing what caused the surge could help me buy before this happens to other games as well.

4 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

WTF happen in the last few months that caused Moss to spike in price (Price Charting - Moss)?  It was a game included in some PSVR bundles.  PAL version is pretty cheap though.  My initial thought is Moss wasn't sold separately as a stand alone copy (maybe limited prints) in NA but in PAL they did make a lot of copies of the standalone game.  But why the sudden spike?  I would think the spike would of happen in 2019.  Why the late surge specifically. Should I expect this to continue to be high or will it come back down.  

Knowing what caused the surge could help me buy before this happens to other games as well.

I don't know but it could be a combination of being no longer distributed and COVID bucks kicking in at the beginning of the year.

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

WTF happen in the last few months that caused Moss to spike in price (Price Charting - Moss)?  It was a game included in some PSVR bundles.

I don't think the bundles included a physical copy of the game. A lot of PSVR players seem to buy more digital games than most, and there aren't too many people who have it to begin with. My guess is just that a lot of the VR games are printed in smaller numbers. I don't know specifically why anything changed recently, but it wouldn't be too hard for a single person to buy a few copies and manipulate the price. We've already seen Robinson the Journey go down in price, so maybe Moss will do the same eventually.

Edited by scaryice
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, scaryice said:

I don't think the bundles included a physical copy of the game. A lot of PSVR players seem to buy more digital games than most, and there aren't too many people who have it to begin with. My guess is just that a lot of the VR games are printed in smaller numbers. I don't know specifically why anything changed recently, but it wouldn't be too hard for a single person to buy a few copies and manipulate the price. We've already seen Robinson the Journey go down in price, so maybe Moss will do the same eventually.

I looked up Robinson the Journey....I'm not risking it and bought it while low.  Price Chart average low for new was $29.  I snatched it up new for $24.79 and will be happy to not worry about getting the game for cheaper.