IGNORED

WTB - PS4 PSVR games/stuff

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted

I'm trying to get a full collection of PSVR physical releases.  I'm mainly focusing on North America releases but I'm also open to imports IF there isn't a North America physical release.

You can see what I have here, FireHazard51's PSVR collection

If you got anything related PSVR let me know as I may be interested in that as well.

Until Dawn Horror GIF by DeeJayOne

I don't have anything for sale at the moment, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad to see you are open to imports as there are a lot of good PAL VR games that haven't been released here.  Super Hot is by far my favorite VR game.  Check it out if you haven't already.   

I didn't look at your collection list, but if you are going for a full set, I hope you already have most of the LRG VR releases......

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I didn't look at your collection list, but if you are going for a full set, I hope you already have most of the LRG VR releases......

jon stewart wish GIF

Some good news is that there were one or two that were published else where so they are just variants and I'm just focused on do I own a copy of the game in a physical media that was released in North America.  Maybe later on I'll get a full LRG VR release set too.

I am most definitely late to the VR game but in doing so I made sure it was a good console (w/ good games) and most games have dropped in price so better for my collecting budget.  But after experiencing the PSVR I'm just amazed and want to collect all the games as I think it will be a big part of gaming history.   Not saying it'll be what EVERY game will be.  But it will be it's own category of gaming like handheld gaming.  I'm so happy to hear Sony is not going to let it die off like the PS Vita.  

18 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Some good news is that there were one or two that were published else where so they are just variants and I'm just focused on do I own a copy of the game in a physical media that was released in North America.  Maybe later on I'll get a full LRG VR release set too.

Obviously everyone should set their collecting goals their own way, but I personally consider the LRG releases are part of the NA set.  I mean, they were published by an American company, sold in the US and include an ESRB rating.  But at the end of the day, you should buy and collect what you want.  Going back and buying LRG releases on the second hand market can add up quick and I can certainly understand why many will choose not to do that.

Another thing to think about is whether or not you want VR only games or games that include VR as an option.  I mentioned in another thread recently, that the VR labeling has unfortunately not been consistent.  For example. Dirt Rally has a VR mode, but it doesn't appear anywhere on the box art (at least my version doesn't include it, maybe a later release does).  Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Obviously everyone should set their collecting goals their own way, but I personally consider the LRG releases are part of the NA set.  I mean, they were published by an American company, sold in the US and include an ESRB rating.  But at the end of the day, you should buy and collect what you want.  Going back and buying LRG releases on the second hand market can add up quick and I can certainly understand why many will choose not to do that.

I mean if they have the same title but just a different cover I don't see that big of a difference.  When they were release doesn't mean anything to me so I'm find with "Greatest Hits" version of games.  At least as far as I know these two games below are the same as an example.

Accounting-PS4.png?v=1561516991s-l1600.jpg

Now the ones that didn't get a re-release, yeah those are 100% on my need to buy list.  And I'm being a stickler and not accepting the PAL versions of the LRG.  

4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Another thing to think about is whether or not you want VR only games or games that include VR as an option.  I mentioned in another thread recently, that the VR labeling has unfortunately not been consistent.  For example. Dirt Rally has a VR mode, but it doesn't appear anywhere on the box art (at least my version doesn't include it, maybe a later release does).  Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, I debated about only doing games that REQUIRE the PSVR to play.  And after seeing how many games I'm setting my self up to collect that might be the short term priority.  But there are going to be iconic PSVR games that are not exclusive like Resident Evil 7.  Which makes me want to do the full collection.  I think I found a good list of PSVR games but they don't distinguish between physical and digital only releases so I'm manually searching for the games on ebay & amazon to see if a physical game exist.  Other problem I have if I do that is if the game has "tech demo" of VR within the game then it's lumped into my list  of games to collect like Concrete Genie.  I really hope that doesn't happen too much.

8 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about variants.  As far as I'm concerned, you only need ONE copy of a game to go for a "full set."  Variant collecting is an entirely different aspect of collecting in my opinion.  I was only saying that because based on your earlier posts, it came across as you were not going for any LRG releases at all (sorry if I misunderstood).  I fully understand looking at games from other publishers.  If a game is released by LRG and another publisher, I typically buy whichever one is cheaper (usually the non-LRG copy) because I'm more interested in having the physical game rather then collecting for future value.  There are a few exceptions.  I own both versions of Accounting + that you pictured above (for the record, both were published by LRG).  I bought both because I'm an accountant and I was interested in the game.  

Anyway, good luck with your search.  The library is surprisingly large, but full of fun games.    

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 8:03 AM, FireHazard51 said:

I'm trying to get a full collection of PSVR physical releases.  I'm mainly focusing on North America releases but I'm also open to imports IF there isn't a North America physical release.

You can see what I have here, FireHazard51's PSVR collection

If you got anything related PSVR let me know as I may be interested in that as well.

Until Dawn Horror GIF by DeeJayOne

That’s awesome that you collecting PSVR! Not many of us around but I think it’s going to be a great set to collect. I have a complete NA set (around 100 games) and decided to only go with PAL or Asia games if they were considered to be good games. I have some dupes and will scan thru your list.