IGNORED

Your Wildest Collecting Story

fcgamer

15 hours ago, PuppyWaffles said:

A few years ago I drove 1600 miles round trip for some Bobbleheads. Got off work, drove 8 hours, grabbed them, drove 8 hours back, went straight back to work. Paid more in gas than I did for the bobbleheads, but I think it was worth it...

You drove 100 mph for 16 hours? You da man!

• Haha 2

Drove across LA at nearly midnight for a Craigslist N64 lot that had sculptors cut included. c.2014

…crazy? No. Crazy was in 2016 finding about 10 mint sealed SNES games and rather than “investing” myself I brokered a deal with an NA member and took a finders fee. In retrospect, I should have nabbed those, oh well.

Edited by portabello

Well...

A few days after my birthday, in September, 2016, I got dressed but still felt a little depressed. My original plan that day was to visit Akihabara and maybe eat at Carl's Jr. there. I was about to convince myself not to do anything, and instead just watch TV or play some video games. But instead I heard a voice telling me to go there.

So I did and ended up attending the official Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light event. Wearing a Legend of Zelda t-shirt. With my photo being tied to said event, even though I took pics of the costumes worn in that game's commercials as well. Doing every activity had me be rewarded with both a stamp and a Emblem of Roto coaster that was made out of cork. And at the end, I got to do a slot game that would determine what type of postcard(s) I get.

With me hoping that I got the standard because I cannot play the game here (it's a Japan exclusive). I ended up winning three postcards of Nokturnus, with somebody saying "Sugoi!" while the repeat happened.

• Like 1