IGNORED

Game Debate #132: Elden Ring

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

12 hours ago, Sumez said:

This isn't true. I believe you if you say it seems that way to you, but one of the great thing about these games is that they are the exact opposite of what you are describing. 🙂 

To be as fair as possible, I can't say that I've spent a great deal of time with their games. I've played maybe an hour of Dark Souls 2 and really tried to push through 5-6 hours of Sekiro. There were things about Sekiro that I liked...but none of it was stronger than the amount of frustration I was routinely feeling. And if a game's qualities can't outshine its detriments after a half-dozen hours, I generally feel like I'd be better off investing my time elsewhere...so that's what I did.

Edited by Webhead123

7 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

To be as fair as possible, I can't say that I've spent a great deal of time with their games. I've played maybe an hour of Dark Souls 2 and really tried to push through 5-6 hours of Sekiro. There were things about Sekiro that I liked...but none of it was stronger than the amount of frustration I was routinely feeling.

So.. just to justify that. Dark Souls 2 is famously known as the worst of the Souls games - made by a different development team, with combat feeling somewhat different and more janky, stamina regenration being way too slow, and enemy placements that definitely are cheap and frustrating! I love the game still, but it has a lot of issues.

Sekiro I never clicked well with either. Or, to be fair, I did play through all of it, and I love everything about it except from the sword combat, which just never worked well for me. Other people love that though, so I'll respect it. 🙂 

Events Team · Posted

The only Soulslike game I've ever played thus far was Jedi: Fallen Order, which I personally really loved. I think that was a good introduction to the genre, since it was definitely a lot easier than games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne or Elden Ring it seems, and it was a good way to sort of ease me in to it. I definitely do want to play Elden Ring (and Bloodborne) at some point soon, I think I'd probably really really enjoy them.

Wow I've never thought of Fallen Order as a "Souls like" but I guess they are similar in the sense that that style of 3D action adventure games with a focus on level design sadly just don't really commonly come out any longer outside of the lineage of souls titles. 

I liked that game a lot as well. 

Edited by Sumez