IGNORED

Lego Atari

G-type

I’ll preface this by saying I don’t follow Lego and generally what’s going on with it. But does it seem to anyone else that they are far less creative then they used to be? As in they used to have all these neat sets that weren’t based on anything in particular. Ancient Egypt, Space Aliens, Jungle Adventure, Deep Sea Lab, etc For the past ten years or so it seems like all they do is licensed stuff. Star Wars, Nintendo, Marvel etc. It just seems less interesting to me

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I’ll preface this by saying I don’t follow Lego and generally what’s going on with it. But does it seem to anyone else that they are far less creative then they used to be? As in they used to have all these neat sets that weren’t based on anything in particular. Ancient Egypt, Space Aliens, Jungle Adventure, Deep Sea Lab, etc For the past ten years or so it seems like all they do is licensed stuff. Star Wars, Nintendo, Marvel etc. It just seems less interesting to me

Unfortunately that’s where a lot of the money is for them currently (especially Star Wars). There are still some great unlicensed stuff though.

- Creator sets

- City

- Ninjago (this theme is huge)

- Architect series

- Adult leaning sets like a piano, type writer, flowers etc.

- technic

- Friends (very popular with girls)

3 hours ago, Brickman said:

Unfortunately that’s where a lot of the money is for them currently (especially Star Wars). There are still some great unlicensed stuff though.

- Creator sets

- City

- Architect series

- technic

I'm a big fan of the Creator sets for my kids.  Each kit is usually a 3-in-1 and they range in all types of themes.  Architects are really cool too, but I've never pulled the trigger on buying one.  I dragged my feet on getting a Falling Water set until it was discontinued and after that it shot up to the stratosphere.  Nothing else has caught my eye from that set like that one.   I really, really like Frank Lloyd Wright' architecture.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
9 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

For the past ten years or so it seems like all they do is licensed stuff. Star Wars, Nintendo, Marvel etc. It just seems less interesting to me

It is outta control with the licensed sets.  But I def get the appeal.  I have the first Lego X-Wing released in '99. 😯

That was the last set I bought for myself.  Thank goodness I have kids. 😉

4 hours ago, RH said:

I'm a big fan of the Creator sets for my kids.  Each kit is usually a 3-in-1 and they range in all types of themes.  Architects are really cool too, but I've never pulled the trigger on buying one.  I dragged my feet on getting a Falling Water set until it was discontinued and after that it shot up to the stratosphere.  Nothing else has caught my eye from that set like that one.   I really, really like Frank Lloyd Wright' architecture.

I always buy the architect series from Amazon sales because they can get up to 30% off. I only ever pay retail if it’s a Lego store exclusive or I really want to build it right away.

Falling Water is beautiful, I wish I had that one too 😞

8 hours ago, Brickman said:

- Creator sets

- City

- Architect series

- technic

Yea Im sure they make all the money from the licensed stuff. The last more outlandish or creative idea that I remember them having was when I worked at Toys R Us in 2011-2012ish and they had the Monster Fighters sets. That was neat

Social Team · Posted

This is great news.  I just need to wait 25 years for LEGO to make a LEGO PS3.   I LOVE the company but fuck me do they make too many cool sets that I can't bear to buy because I have no place to put the shit.  Also that would be a lot of dough to collect.  One addition at a time is my rule.

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Yea Im sure they make all the money from the licensed stuff. The last more outlandish or creative idea that I remember them having was when I worked at Toys R Us in 2011-2012ish and they had the Monster Fighters sets. That was neat

Oh yeah that was an awesome line. Didn't last very long unfortunately, but it had some cool sets.

They recently did a similar series called Hidden Side, which borrowed some ideas and pieces from the Monster Fighters range. But that also was cancelled after two years due to poor sales.