IGNORED

Former Japanese Prime minister Shinzo Abe was just assassinated

phart010

I had a video link to share but it was taken down. I’ve seen several links of video footage the moment this happened get taken down, so just Google it for yourself.

Shinzo recognized the important role Nintendo played for Japan and honored this by featuring Mario at the closing of 2016 Olympics while announcing the 2020 Olympics in Japan. Politics aside, Shinzo was a friend of Nintendo.

I'm disgusted, that society just isn't like that.  And he was the most beneficial and influential PM that country has had in decades.  He did a lot to help try and turn things around, grow the country, rights, immigration, and more there.  You have to wonder why sick pos would pull off making a zip gun and pulling that in broad daylight in a crowd.

I'm curious to see what will come of this as he was on to be fair quite a few areas shit list considering he didn't put up with China's bullshit in the slightest recognizing taiwan and as he created that quad to counteract their crap being the notable one.  He wasn't some scandal covered dumpster fire but liked, a lot, even by both parties in the US he had ongoing good relationships with the last 2 presidents.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:33 PM, Tanooki said:

I'm disgusted, that society just isn't like that.  And he was the most beneficial and influential PM that country has had in decades.  He did a lot to help try and turn things around, grow the country, rights, immigration, and more there.  You have to wonder why sick pos would pull off making a zip gun and pulling that in broad daylight in a crowd.

I'm curious to see what will come of this as he was on to be fair quite a few areas shit list considering he didn't put up with China's bullshit in the slightest recognizing taiwan and as he created that quad to counteract their crap being the notable one.  He wasn't some scandal covered dumpster fire but liked, a lot, even by both parties in the US he had ongoing good relationships with the last 2 presidents.

I’ve read about some people trashing him because his father may have allegedly been a WW2 war criminal…. To that I would respond that:

-wars always suck
-bad things always get done by both sides
-Geneva Convention rules only came AFTER WW2
-pretty much everyone living in Japan was our enemy during WW2, so everyone in Japan his age probably has parents that could potentially be called war criminals
-you can not hold a man guilty for what his parents have done

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

I’ve read about some people trashing him because his father may have allegedly been a WW2 war criminal

It was his grandfather, former PM Nobusuke Kishi, who was in charge of Manchuria during WWII.  Huge can of worms, especially if you ask mainland Chinese about him...lol

But I do agree with your points below.  Something else of interest is that Kishi was also the victim of an attack (an assailant stabbed him 6 times).  He survived the incident, and surprisingly seemed unfazed.

3 hours ago, phart010 said:

I’ve read about some people trashing him because his father may have allegedly been a WW2 war criminal…. To that I would respond that:

-wars always suck
-bad things always get done by both sides
-Geneva Convention rules only came AFTER WW2
-pretty much everyone living in Japan was our enemy during WW2, so everyone in Japan his age probably has parents that could potentially be called war criminals
-you can not hold a man guilty for what his parents have done

Wow if anyone said that, they're disgusting and their forfeit their right to an opinion.

That's like saying because your grandpa was a serial rapist, you're a rapist and guilty too by association basically.  Or because you had a relative in the 1800s who owned slaves you must apologize and live your life in shame because of it and must pay some wacky reparations to make it magically better.  Nope, nope, and NOPE.

Exactly on your list of points.

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow if anyone said that, they're disgusting and their forfeit their right to an opinion.

That's like saying because your grandpa was a serial rapist, you're a rapist and guilty too by association basically.  Or because you had a relative in the 1800s who owned slaves you must apologize and live your life in shame because of it and must pay some wacky reparations to make it magically better.  Nope, nope, and NOPE.

In the 2018 gubernatorail election in Colorado one of the candidates was descended from a Denver mayor who was a member of the KKK and had a falling out when he arrested a bunch of them in a criminal sweep - he was booted from the KKK.  This was brought up as an issue by the other side during the campaign.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Tabonga said:

In the 2018 gubernatorail election in Colorado one of the candidates was descended from a Denver mayor who was a member of the KKK and had a falling out when he arrested a bunch of them in a criminal sweep - he was booted from the KKK.  This was brought up as an issue by the other side during the campaign.

Disgusting, I don't care which party the clown was who pulled that shit as a so called legit campaign issue, I mean I get we have freedom of speech, but that goes into a level of behavior I think that should get you discounted from running for office ever again.  Guilt by blood relations is disgusting.

• Agree 1