IGNORED

SNES manuals project finishes goal: collects all English Super Nintendo manuals

10 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Pretty amazing work and now they’re working on finishing SFC.

Link to website: https://sites.google.com/view/snesmanuals

news article: https://www.destructoid.com/snes-manuals-site-where-to-find-snes-manuals-instructions/

This is so bad ass. Are there archives of NES, Sega, etc. to your knowledge?

Anyways, it's so refreshing just to see someone share info without asking for some type if compensation. 

48 minutes ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

This is so bad ass. Are there archives of NES, Sega, etc. to your knowledge?

Anyways, it's so refreshing just to see someone share info without asking for some type if compensation. 

Not that I’m aware of but maybe someone else with better knowledge will know.

12 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Is this why I keep seeing people trying to sell reproduction SNES manuals on eBay for like $40?

That’s sad to hear but I guess an unfortunate consequence of having the data easily accessible. I guess the best we can do is report them if we see them.

• Like 1

Fantastic, great to see they got that done and in high quality.  It's a great service, very useful to pop open on a phone too if you're looking up something useful and for nostalgic fun.  Nice clean copies, and clear to read even on a smaller screen which is fantastic.  I've ben using the Earthbound guide NOA put out for the SNES CE so I don't damage my legit one the last week. 🙂  Hopefully someone jumps on the NES and does the same, and so on, much like how it was said earlier, NA had it...then it got eaten alive by a scumbag.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Brickman said:

I was just having a look at the intro on the guys website and actually noticed something interesting @Reed Rothchild you have some competition. The creator is also on a mission to beat every SNES game!

Hah.  To that I wish him luck.  He's posted the manuals on my subreddit, but I didn't recall hearing about beating the games.

I got through 420ish of them, but those were arguably the easier/better part of the library.  And it took decades.  Getting the rest of them would be inflicting some major PAIN on my psyche.

At least two different guys on twitch got through as many games as I did, but they had pretty mnimal requirements for sports games.  And I haven't checked them in a while so I'm not sure what sort of momentum they still have.  One seemed to stall out and possibly give up.

• Like 3