IGNORED

Small Gameboy and Gameboy Color collection

thrashncrash

spacer.png

I present my small collection of Gameboy/Pocket, Gameboy Color consoles, and games. I do have one Mad Catz third-party rechargeable battery for Gameboy. Used to have two for both my Gameboys, but now I don't. 

spacer.png

I want to fix the red Gameboy's missing plastic screen at some point. Then repair the white Gameboy LCD screen and possibly replace the plastic shell shown above.

Edited by thrashncrash
Fixed Thread title
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to Small Gameboy and Gameboy Color collection

My suggestion don't get caught up in the online trap of ebay and friends.

See what you can find locally as a challenge, or if online largely from trades.  Since you got it as a kid, kept it since a kid, return to it like a kid on a budget.  Buy local, don't pay trash online prices either largely, and trade with people like kids would trade games(borrow or not) as friends would.  I imagine you could find some really fun stuff while having actual time to finish it not just going nuts.

• Agree 1

Heck, I found my Gameboy Pocket at a car swap meet with my dad one time. It came with Monopoly and the AC/DC charger. I have a few local CD Tradepost's that, every once in a while, have good deals. Plus, I know a couple of other local stores to search for Gameboy or Gameboy Color games.

Edited by thrashncrash

That's what I'm doing because the flea markets, largely facebook marketplace, and garbage garage sales are just baked and done.  Flea markets outside if lucky is ebay, inside is or worse usually.  Facebook ran out of stuff or has over/at ebay values without the fees so that's a no.  And garage sales if they get them we have some scalper pieces of shit in this area and they'll message on facebook or other spaces it's posted asking to come early, they'll pay cash, and more than they expected -- so it's gone, OR they show up when someone says starts at 8, hour/hours early and clean it out.  The last time I had that happen was last year, sold the jerk out to a group of angry gamers since the dude decided to hover and claim the table like his right -- pissed the lot of us off the seller allowed it still with weak apologies.

That's why it's best to find some holes in the wall or retail places that tend to sometimes not use national price stickers, update labels slowly, or just aren't jerks and stick to that.  Saves a lot of time, gas, and effort not going for repeated disappointment.

Thursdays I hit one set of 2 stores too far to usually bother with when my kid has a 3hrs sports practice, and weekly another store is 95% of the time along the way of my road I travel in that direction so I just pop in.  Often I find something during the week, so the reward is there, but I'm no longer crusing thrift stores, they're a disaster of either emptiness or petty ebay pricing when they get shit for free.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...