IGNORED

Convention prints pricing

SuperJimtendo

I've got a booth at a small time local comic con in a couple weeks. Besides my landscape paintings I'll be producing some pokemon water color paintings/prints. I'm looking to get some feelers on what I should price these things at. 

I plan to sell the originals and get some basic prints made. I never know what to price stuff at. 

Would be 8x10s

A0F716C1-1B1F-492B-BEEB-30DCAB37432F.jpeg

E44BAF67-26E6-4F34-BB78-547A5F2215E2.jpeg

Edited by SuperJimtendo

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

You should have asked last week; I could have peeked at some prices at Syracuse for you.

Jimbob is Usually late to the party. But on time to work, 99% of the time.

But hey, the guys asking a question so here goes. I think the prints should be $2-$3. The actual paintings though, that’s a though one. Do you just want to get your stuff out there or do you value your time. So I’d say, start at how long each one took to paint and then subtract how much fun you had doing it. Then you will have your price😂

Wish I would have though if this while I was still at work. 
Anyways, I clearly don’t know what I’m talking about. Good luck little fella.

• Haha 1

I go to 2-4 video game and anime conventions per year. For 8x10 prints like these I'd probably expect to pay $10 per. It's also pretty common to see some kind of variation of buy 2 get 1 free, so maybe ~$10 per or 3 for $20. I live in the south and I'm unsure if prices would change depending on which part of the country the convention is. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

I go to 2-4 video game and anime conventions per year. For 8x10 prints like these I'd probably expect to pay $10 per. It's also pretty common to see some kind of variation of buy 2 get 1 free, so maybe ~$10 per or 3 for $20. I live in the south and I'm unsure if prices would change depending on which part of the country the convention 

Pretty much the same thing here in Chicago at C2E2 or Wizard World. 8x10 usually $10 with some type discount when you buy more. For the actual paintings I've seen those all over the board. One guy had a Scorpion painting he did that was pretty solid for $200 but a guy down the row was selling similar size/quality for $60+. Watercolor art seems to be the thing from what I've seen at my last few conventions and people buy em up. These are good and being pokemon you shouldn't have a problem selling them. Start at $40 or $50 and see what happens.

I know I'm speaking from a much larger convention perspective but from talking to some of these artists it seems like these prices are pretty much standard. 

• Like 1